What's new

Wee Scot Roadshow

PM sent. Can't wait to get the WS, also looking forward to whatever surprise Dpm802 has in store for me. I'll be sure to post a few photos and give a review when she arrives.

The WeeScot is back on the road again. ETA is Thursday, 08/04/11.

It picked up a little traveling companion, too. I had an Omega Bambino arrive at my house roughly the same time, and the two just look so cute sitting next to each other, I hated to split them up. So now, those downstream can compare the mighty WeeScot Badger along with a similarly sized Boar brush, too.

I also added pill bottles for the two brushes, but I neglected to drill vent holes. Maybe the next person can take care of this little detail.

The WeeScot is back on the road again. ETA is Thursday, 08/04/11.

It picked up a little traveling companion, too. I had an Omega Bambino arrive at my house roughly the same time, and the two just look so cute sitting next to each other, I hated to split them up. So now, those downstream can compare the mighty WeeScot Badger along with a similarly sized Boar brush, too.

I also added pill bottles for the two brushes, but I neglected to drill vent holes. Maybe the next person can take care of this little detail.

Nice, David!

Well if there is a second list for this little brush I would like to be the first on that list, Noahpictures only beat me out on this list because he was closer to the the cutoff date for how long you had to be a member.

I am really looking forward to trying this brush so I really hope there will be a second list :w00t: I will just have to wait and see.

Haha, you guys will have to talk to one of the guys who went out and bought one about list two. After sending this guy out on his adventure I've begun to miss the Wee Scot. He may need some time at home to rest!

:crying: I always just miss these. This is the second or third one I have missed for a wee scot... I guess the only way I am gonna get to try one is to buy one :001_unsur

What's the latest with the brushes?

I've been checking out these great brushes for a week or so and am ready to ship them to the next guy on the list (Brian, PM sent). While I enjoyed both, I do prefer badger, so the Wee Scot wins out. I initially thought of the WS as a smaller Berkeley 46, but I was wrong. It is better described as a smaller Duke. Fantastic with either soaps or creams, a pleasure to use. Put me on the list of want to buy. Oh and by the way, I guess I was prepared for the size (or lack of), because the brush did shock me, as some have described. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe I would want a smaller shaving brush than the Wee Scot.

Got my own WS in the mail today, purchased from the BST. Can't wait to give it a whirl tomorrow. Ever since I packed up The Roadshow and sent it off, I've really been missing the WS.

Even though I have my own WS now, I'd still be interested in a Group Buy, if that ever materializes. Any word on that?

This makes my 6th brush purchase this year. Next up on the wish list is a Rooney 1/1, unless someone can come up with a better idea.

Even though I have my own WS now, I'd still be interested in a Group Buy, if that ever materializes. Any word on that?

This makes my 6th brush purchase this year. Next up on the wish list is a Rooney 1/1, unless someone can come up with a better idea.

Just a reminder that if the idea of a Group Buy starts to gather steam, please drop me or any other Mod a PM first. As for your next brush, I highly recommend giving some thought to a Kent BK/BLK/H 4. Different handle materials, but the brush specs are the same.

Just a reminder that if the idea of a Group Buy starts to gather steam, please drop me or any other Mod a PM first. As for your next brush, I highly recommend giving some thought to a Kent BK/BLK/H 4. Different handle materials, but the brush specs are the same.
hehe ... how did you know a BK4 was on my list, also?

I'l PM you later to get details on how to properly organize a B&B Group Buy.

The brushes came in today! I'm really looking forward to trying these over the next couple days. The Bambino will be my first time using a boar brush. So, I'm looking forward to that. And sometime after signing up for the Wee Scot Roadshow, I bid on an auction for a brush that I was pretty sure was a vintage Simpson, but I didn't know for sure which one it was. When it came in, it was a Wee Scot that had a bad knot. Since that time, I've been looking forward to trying out a current production one so that I can determine whether the handle will be too small for me to comfortably use. So, the test for me: Will I re-knot the vintage one?

My first impression ... Unlike most people, I'm somewhat surprised at how big it is. As I acquired the vintage Wee Scot before this one came, I was prepared for it to be small. But the current production Wee Scot is actually a few millimeters taller than the vintage one that I have. The bottom end below the ridge is identical in height on the two models, but the top portion is slightly taller on the current model. So, I was surprised that the current model is bigger.

The testing commences ...

And some pictures to show that the brushes are still doing well ...

Vintage Wee Scot; Current Wee Scot; Bambino
$IMG_4411.jpg

Vintage Wee Scot; Current Wee Scot
$IMG_4412.jpg

Case; Vintage Wee Scot; Current Wee Scot; Bambino; Colonel
$IMG_4414.jpg

Top Bottom