Weck Wednesdays

Wednesday, Thursday, sure!

For Weck Wednesday:

proxy.php

Weck Surgical Prep
Diane/Fromm blade (5)
Razorock 400 synthetic brush
Chiseled Face Groomatorium Trade Winds soap & aftershave

A nice opening act for Weck Whursday, Patent Day, or whatever you wish to call it.

--Bob

Pulled out the Feather Custom modified for the Weck Blade tonight. Of all the smaller sized hair shapers, I like the Feather Custom the best, even though my orange popsicle and Dubl Duck looks better.

Weck Thursday! I saw this thread at the end of the day yesterday and wanted to give it a go, been a while since I used it. I don't know if I'm the one you mentioned earlier in the thread, @gvw755, the neophyte who slashed his face good that you PIF'ed the hair shaper to, but you did PIF me this Hair Shaper very generously and I have had a couple pretty ghastly cuts along the way, so maybe... maybe. Today's was nothing spectacular, I am growing a beard to grow a mustache, so only neck and cheek shaving, but it went well. A couple weepers that I didn't feel, but somehow were there, but nothing that lasted as long as the shave itself. On the cheeks, I was using the bottom edge of the blade along the beard, and found the top corner amazingly close to my eyeball. Physically, there is no reason it should ever touch, but, there was an awareness of needing to be in the moment totally. I'll be more cognizant of using this on an actual Wednesday in the future. Happy shaves!

@bahomebrew, nice to hear from you. For a while back then, I was hoping that you didn't accidentally seriously hurt yourself. Good to check in with this thread as you will find a lot of Weckens with a lot of good advice and encouragement. Main thing is to be aware of where the blade is and to keep practicing. When I first used your Weck in college as a straight razor, I also started growing a beard and mustache and so I know all about maneuvering either the tip or the heel of the blade to get around. Worth getting to know the Weck, as this one was designed for hair stylists and they need to do the same.

Still alive, Les, and no serious scars to show for it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong after all.:biggrin1: That Weck was the gateway to all sorts of fun stuff, from a couple of Half DE shavettes to several full on straights. They are tricky on my neck, but like everything else, practice goes a long way. More to come on Wednesday.

After a couple of weeks of having my regular rotation shot to hell, I always made time for Weck Wednesday (and if not then Weck Whursday). Tonight's shave was the Surgical Prep. Still my favorite of the Wecks. Now I just need a fresh blade in it!

I used the Hair Shaper with the Personna blades. I have used it 3 times this week, intermittently with the Facon shavette and my It's a Peech straight.

Weck Hair Shaper again today. Decent enough shave. Still hard to go ATG in the center of my neck. No blood and no irritation!

ATG on my neck is right to left, E to W. I have a devil of a time with it. I got several weepers today trying to find a stroke that will cut hairs in that direction. Congrats on the no blood, no irritation. I will say, practicing on my neck while I grow a beard is helping my confidence in maneuvering these straights around the tricky spots and I'm looking forward to when the beard gets mowed down to a 'stache.

I used the Hair Shaper with the Personna blades. I have used it 3 times this week, intermittently with the Facon shavette and my It's a Peech straight.

ATG on my neck is right to left, E to W. I have a devil of a time with it. I got several weepers today trying to find a stroke that will cut hairs in that direction. Congrats on the no blood, no irritation. I will say, practicing on my neck while I grow a beard is helping my confidence in maneuvering these straights around the tricky spots and I'm looking forward to when the beard gets mowed down to a 'stache.
Yeah, I end up using angled strokes because I can't manage a good E-W, right to left. Can't seem to get my hands to do that right.

WECK WEDNESDAY!!!!

Weck Prep today. Glad to be back in the groove after honing a bunch of straights I had to shave test (including sacred Wednesdays- ahh!)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I end up using angled strokes because I can't manage a good E-W, right to left. Can't seem to get my hands to do that right.

With the WECK prep I can't do XTG strokes on the neck either- I do ATG on the neck and it gets me there.

Just found this on eBay as I was searching for more Wecks (like I really need more). This should satisfy anyone's Weck wenvy. For $65, it's yours!
weck envy.jpg

WECK Wednesday 8/23/17

A beautiful effortless shave today. I really like the Fromm blade. I also found that moving the scales past perpendicular helps balance this heavy razor esp. WTG. I am experimenting with counterbalancing the blade.

proxy.php

Top Bottom