What's new

Weck Wednesdays

proxy.php

Weck Army Medical Sextoblade
Personna Hair Shaper blade (4)
Fine synthetic brush
Chiseled Face Groomatorium Trade Winds soap & aftershave

I enjoyed an extremely close shave with my new Weck army medical razor, although I got a little careless, resulting in a small nick on my chin.

--Bob

No pics today. Just happy to get back to Weck Wednesday after a whole week of shaving with unknown razors and getting different results. Used my Milady and suddenly remembered what a good shave was like! @spidey9 that US military issued Weck is a real tank. Heavy, totally over built, and hard to manage, but will give a great shave if you're careful.

Weckdate: June 21 2017

What better way to start Weck Wednesday than with a Weck Prep shave. Enjoyed mine, how's yours?

WECK JUN 21, 17

My WECK Sextoblade shave this morning was another good outing

SETUP:
Glycerin soap face wash
PRORASO pre shave creme
Razorock PLISSOFT
Haslinger Sheepmilk
WECK SEXTOBLADE/WECK BLADE
Stirling lemon chill WH
MYRSOL BLUE AS
:shaving:

Well, after almost a week of OneBlade Core trials, once again, I am happy to get back to Weck Wednesday! Being inspired by Bob's shave last week, I pulled out my US Military Medical Prep and was once again reminded of what a great shave feels like.

Oh yeah, ending of the Core trials - got my RMA # and taking it to USPS later today. Good razor, but just too much compromises because of the plastic construction.

proxy.php

Weck Sextoblade
Personna Hair Shaper blade (10)
Whipped Dog synthetic brush
Stirling Electric Sheep soap
Bootlegger's Arctic Lime aftershave

It has actually been a Weck Week for me, as I have been using various Wecks since last Wednesday, except for 1 day when I had to try some of my new Schick Proline blades in a General.

After 10 shaves I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the Sextoblade, although it still feels awkward. Of course, I've been using hoe type razors exclusively for nearly half a century, so I guess I should expect that something completely different will have a learning curve.

The last few shaves have been bloodless, so I'm making progress. :thumbup1:

--Bob

Okay, so it's not Wednesday.

I know that.

Nonetheless I've used my new 7 day set both yesterday and today.

proxy.php

Weck Sextoblade 7 Day set
Personna Hair Shaper blade (12)
Stirling Barbershop soap and aftershave

Sextoblade Sunday? Or maybe a Weck Weekend?

Whatever you call it, I'm enjoying this razor a lot. The open comb guard works really well, providing for a close shave but protecting me from my inexperience. With 12 shaves on it the blade is still sharp as ever.

--Bob

Very nice set! I love that razor, although my set came with only 3 days and the safety bar.

I wonder what things would be like today if Weck continued and the US market still enjoyed straights like how Feather still flourishes in the Japanese market.

Weck is actually still around - it's now part of a company called Teleflex and produces medical equipment - but nothing remotely resembling a razor.

It's Weck Wednesday!

proxy.php

Weck Sextoblade 7 Day set
Diane/Fromm blade (2)
Valobra Fougere soap
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

The Diane/Fromm blades seem to be a bit smoother than the Personnas, at least that is my impression after two shaves.

--Bob

Weck is actually still around - it's now part of a company called Teleflex and produces medical equipment - but nothing remotely resembling a razor.

--Bob

I knew that part. In fact, I think the last version of the Surgical Prep came out under the that label (or the one that it used to be called).

I knew that part. In fact, I think the last version of the Surgical Prep came out under the that label (or the one that it used to be called).
Has anyone contacted them about the razors? Maybe the tooling is in storage somewhere. Maybe there's some NOS.

I'm participating in a test of the Parker Variant so had to skip my WECK today...but sure am enjoying weck by association! Great posts keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone contacted them about the razors? Maybe the tooling is in storage somewhere. Maybe there's some NOS.
I read a VERY old thread about someone that either worked at Pillig (that was the surgical instrument side of Weck) or knew someone that did and they drew a blank. then again, there is still that $400 skin grafter that I posted a long time ago on this thread and I am sure you can get that from the supplier.

After another week of breaking my rotation and testing different razors (this time the 3D printed OC and slant heads and a Single Ring), I finally get back to Weck Wednesday with my flat handle Surgical Prep. Now all is good with the world again.

Usually I am one of the last to post on Weck Wednesday, however tonight's shave was a good one. I got out my re-scaled Hess 1010 and my best boar brush and some HSC shaving soap. Great shave!
DSC01673.JPG

Top Bottom