What's new

Weck Wednesdays

I have always loved the look of the 1010 Les! Sextoblade shave today ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops! Not working yesterday just threw me off - today felt like a Monday. :blushing:

Nest week for sure - or maybe I'll do Sextoblade Saturday.

--Bob

proxy.php

Weck Surgical Prep razor
Diane/Fromm blade (3)
Plisson synthetic brush
Williams Mug soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal aftershave

Weck Wednesday - I remembered! Also Williams Wednesday (on another forum).

Nice smooth comfortable shave with this setup.

--Bob

proxy.php

Weck Surgical Prep razor
Diane/Fromm blade (3)
Plisson synthetic brush
Williams Mug soap

--Bob
Hey, you tracked down the Surgical Prep! My favorite of all the Wecks.

proxy.php

Weck Surgical Prep razor
Diane/Fromm blade (3)
Plisson synthetic brush
Williams Mug soap

--Bob

Wow Bob! Great find and it's a beaut!

Love the picture as well :)

No wecking for me today- I was out of town and didn't think to pack it doh!

Hey, you tracked down the Surgical Prep! My favorite of all the Wecks.

It took me a while and I probably overpaid but yes, I've got one. :thumbup:

Of course, my quest resulted in my discovering the Sextoblades, of which I now have 7.

The Sextoblade, besides being a great shaver, is an excellent training aid for learning to use a straight razor.

Uh oh. Looks like another rabbit hole ahead - a big one. :yikes:

--Bob

It took me a while and I probably overpaid but yes, I've got one. :thumbup:

Of course, my quest resulted in my discovering the Sextoblades, of which I now have 7.

The Sextoblade, besides being a great shaver, is an excellent training aid for learning to use a straight razor.

Uh oh. Looks like another rabbit hole ahead - a big one. :yikes:

--Bob

Join us!!! Mwahahahahh!!!!

So, with the early arrival of my Core v2, Weck Wednesday got moved to Weck Whursday. Too bad too since I had a new addition ready to go. We all know that Dubl Duck made some great straight razors that are highly valued in the community. Well, they also made Weck bladed hair shapers that would never be confused with their straights. Shave quality was very similar to the acrylic Weck hair shapers - light weight, nimble, and good looking. Only glitch in tonight's shave was that I had to take out the NOS Dubl Duck blade after one pass and finish up with a Personna. I guess the Dubl Duck blades where sharpened to be hair shapers only (or the 40 years in a cardboard sleeve might have something to do with it.

DSC01680.JPG

So, with the early arrival of my Core v2, Weck Wednesday got moved to Weck Whursday. Too bad too since I had a new addition ready to go. We all know that Dubl Duck made some great straight razors that are highly valued in the community. Well, they also made Weck bladed hair shapers that would never be confused with their straights. Shave quality was very similar to the acrylic Weck hair shapers - light weight, nimble, and good looking. Only glitch in tonight's shave was that I had to take out the NOS Dubl Duck blade after one pass and finish up with a Personna. I guess the Dubl Duck blades where sharpened to be hair shapers only (or the 40 years in a cardboard sleeve might have something to do with it.

View attachment 804046

Wow!!! I had no idea these existed! Bravo on a great find!!

proxy.php

It's Weck Wednesday!

Weck Surgical Prep razor
Diane/Fromm blade (4)
Razorock 400 synthetic brush
Stirling Electric Sheep soap

Gotta say it - today's shave with the Weck Surgical Prep razor was closer than yesterday's with my new V2 Blackhawk, and just as smooth.

--Bob

proxy.php

It's Weck Wednesday!

Weck Surgical Prep razor
Diane/Fromm blade (4)
Razorock 400 synthetic brush
Stirling Electric Sheep soap

Gotta say it - today's shave with the Weck Surgical Prep razor was closer than yesterday's with my new V2 Blackhawk, and just as smooth.

--Bob

Shhh!! Don't tell anyone! More Wecks for us :)

I had another stunning shave with the Sextoblade today but in too much of a hurry to post the picture. Imagine what a shave would be like in heaven and you will have a good mental picture lol!

WeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrep

Weck Sextoblade
Persona blade
Whipped Dog Synth
WSP Fougere Noir
Avon Island Lime

It's been a while since I broke out the Weck. With Next week being the patent day I thought I should break it out. I went unguarded on the cheeks and neck and guarded for the head shave. I don't know haw many shave are on the blade, but it's not too many, still very sharp. Face Shave went great, 2 very tiny weepers, but they closed quick, and no other issues. I did get myself behind the ear on the head shave though. Not bad, only a few drops of blood, but I got about a 1/4 inch cut. Closed on it's own, but I could feel a pretty good sting a few times on this hot sweaty day. All and all not too bad though and I did get a very close shave.
IMG_20170718_221008.jpg

WeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrepWeckPrep

So which weck did you use? [emoji23]

Thanks for the welcome @gvw755 .

I'm going to try and hit a few more Weck Wednesdays. When I first got this razor I did use it quite a bit for a month or two, but have been stuck on several other razors since then. I'm sure you know how RAD is. Anyway I keep thinking I should get back into straights, and this seems like a nice low maintenance alternative.

Glad to hear a few of you are in for the patent day shave. :thumbup1:

Okay, Weck Wednesday again got postponed to Weck Whursday because of the early arrival of another razor. This time around it was the Sabre Gem type. Last time it was the Core (which I made a Gem type). Good as those latest and greatest are, they still cannot beat the shave of my Weck Whursday Surgical Prep, although I have to admit that they are getting closer.

Just a friendly reminder to all you Weckens out there, Weck Wednesday has been rescheduled to Weck Whursday to join @troy in his Patent Day shave. Then again, you can do a Weck Wednesday AND Weck Whursday if you desire.

Top Bottom