What's new

Weck Wednesdays

Honestly thats why i like keeping the guard on it. Also did you blunt the corners?

Didn't get a guard with it. Probably would be a little easier if I had. And I really should take a file to the blade corners but in this case I actually got myself with the center of the blade. Bad angle.

It's annoying; I have a Weck hair shaper with a guard, but it's a bit too small to handle for shaving and the guard doesn't fit on the bigger Sextoblade.

Didn't get a guard with it. Probably would be a little easier if I had. And I really should take a file to the blade corners but in this case I actually got myself with the center of the blade. Bad angle.

It's annoying; I have a Weck hair shaper with a guard, but it's a bit too small to handle for shaving and the guard doesn't fit on the bigger Sextoblade.
I saw someone had just the guards for sell on ebay the other day. Both oc and cc.. Why doesnt the one you have fit?

I saw someone had just the guards for sell on ebay the other day. Both oc and cc.. Why doesnt the one you have fit?

I know, you'd think it would fit, wouldn't you? IIRC the hair shaper frame was thinner than the Sextoblade frame and the shaper's guard couldn't clear the Sextoblade frame. I'll have to try it again later when I'm done working to see if I can figure something out. Still would have to bend the teeth in any case.

I know, you'd think it would fit, wouldn't you? IIRC the hair shaper frame was thinner than the Sextoblade frame and the shaper's guard couldn't clear the Sextoblade frame. I'll have to try it again later when I'm done working to see if I can figure something out. Still would have to bend the teeth in any case.
Yep iirc its a simple fix to make the guard work from the hair shaper widen spine on guard and turn the teeth in opposite direction.

I never tried the guard on my hair shaper. Never thought of bending the teeth over. It might be an interesting experiment. I also haven't ever shaped the corners. No problems with that...yet.

I never tried the guard on my hair shaper. Never thought of bending the teeth over. It might be an interesting experiment. I also haven't ever shaped the corners. No problems with that...yet.
Yeah bend teeth in opposite direction and it becomes an open comb guard. Be easy though you dont want to break it. If tou have a vice wide enough you can clamp it into it and bend the comb teeth all at once so they are all even.

Yeah bend teeth in opposite direction and it becomes an open comb guard. Be easy though you dont want to break it. If tou have a vice wide enough you can clamp it into it and bend the comb teeth all at once so they are all even.

Well, it worked, more or less. It took a lot of bending but I got the guard set up in a way that it will stay on the Sextoblade and act as a guard. Not really enough metal for the job, but it's functional. Shaved with it this afternoon and got my cheeks reasonably smooth. So that's progress of a sort, I guess, but life was much quicker and easier when I finished with the DE.

Well, it worked, more or less. It took a lot of bending but I got the guard set up in a way that it will stay on the Sextoblade and act as a guard. Not really enough metal for the job, but it's functional. Shaved with it this afternoon and got my cheeks reasonably smooth. So that's progress of a sort, I guess, but life was much quicker and easier when I finished with the DE.
congrats... you are on your way:a14:

(Cross post) Weck Wednesday!

Today’s shave featured the inimitable Weck Prep razor which is the king of my den. If I could only have one razor this would be it!

Razor: Weck Prep
Cream: TOBS Rose
AS: Shave Cave Rosewater Tonic

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weck Wednesday!

Weck Hair Shaper, green scales, no guard
Fromm Edge Ahead blade (2)
Omega Bigger Bambino boar brush
RazoRock Orange Sunrise soap
Dickinson's witch hazel for AS

The Sextoblade with yellow plastic handle made an appearance today.
Started with the guard but then took it off.
Nice clean nick-free shave.

Wadi brushless cream, which I've rediscovered lately (recaptured a container from my wife) works well with shavettes.

Jan 8: Weck Wednesday

Lather:
Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo (sample)
Brush: PAA The Green Ray Hybrid Tribble (24/57mm)
Razor: Weck Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale"
Blade: Fromm Edge Ahead [27]
Balm: Stirling Barbershop Post-Shave Balm

A long overdue Weck Wednesday because of my DEcember run last month. I broke with tradition of using the stainless Sextoblade with the guard installed and went with the lightweight plastic Sextoblade and no guard. I prefer lighter handles in my straights because the lighter weight doesn't try to rotate the blade when the handle is vertical. Shaving without the guard can be unforgiving with all that naked blade exposed, but was a non-issue today. Beautifully smooth and closer than my previous shavette shave with a DE blade.

Just an fyi, Goulian Guard 050206 Pilling Weck looks like a possible replacement guard. Only two on eBay think they errored on pricing, like $132 a piece.

Just an fyi, Goulian Guard 050206 Pilling Weck looks like a possible replacement guard. Only two on eBay think they errored on pricing, like $132 a piece.

The Ebay sellers for Goulian sets or Webster knives are very much overpriced. The only one selling a Webster knife wants $180 or so. The previous Webster knife sold for $27. 🤷

Last edited:
Jan 22: Weck Wednesday

Lather:
Australian Private Reserve Torchwood (sample)
Brush: Semogue 1800 (22/55mm)
Razor: Weck Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale"
Blade: Fromm Edge Ahead [28]
Balm: Proraso White Crema Liquida Dopobarba

The Weck Sextoblade (bare blade - no guard) killed it today. I think I prefer this ultra light plastic version to the much heavier stainless medical one.

Little late seeing how this happened yesterday but switching to night shift has me confused.

- Lather: Chiseled Face Summer Storm

- Brush: Omega 011842

- Blade: Personna hair shaper (12)

- Razor: Weck Sextoblade

- Frag: Chanel Sycomore

First time using a Sextoblade with the guard. No complaints, just takes some getting used to or I can always leave it off and go bare like I have been doing.

Enjoy your day!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
So I posted this: New Weck Sextoblade User, in the Straight Razor area, and then I realized that most of the Weckies hang out here....so I'm happy to look for an answer here or there. Sorry for any confusion....and believe me, I'm confused!!!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
C'mon guys, it's Wednesday -- time to get Weck'd!!! :punk:

Actually, I'm brand spanking new to this razor....it is shave #2. @rudyt helped set me on this path with his success story and this thread has been an inspiration as well. I'm looking forward to improving, but so far the limited shaves I've done have been pretty good (no real sign of blood and only some minor irritation).

Today I managed 1 3/4 passes (1 WTG pass and 3/4 of a XTG pass). I am staying with the guard -- it probably more of a psychological crutch than anything -- and the blade is a Personna (shave #2). The finish (another XTG/ATG passes) was done with a new-to-me an open-comb Schick Injector (Type C1), and the overall face finish was DFS+ (not quite a BBS). The soap was Williams and the A/S was a splash of Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel followed by a splash of Krampert's Finest Bay Rum. My plan is to keep the Weck in the rotation with an DE/SE backstop for at least the next few weeks. I'm also looking at becoming a permanent member here and regularly posting my Weck Wednesday shaves.
proxy.php

Top Bottom