What's new

Weck Wednesdays

It's Wednesday ... and I forgot.

Monday was a holiday here in Canada so today felt like a Tuesday. To whom do I surrender my membership card?
Can't surrender your card, there's only three of us left! Penance - for the next three shaves, you need to use a Weck blade that should have been tossed a month ago... No wait. you already do that. I know, you have to shave with a NEW Weck blade!

Can't surrender your card, there's only three of us left! Penance - for the next three shaves, you need to use a Weck blade that should have been tossed a month ago... No wait. you already do that. I know, you have to shave with a NEW Weck blade!
Any idea why anyone hasn't offered a new razor based on the Weck/Personna hair shaper blade? A Weck for the wext century.

Any idea why anyone hasn't offered a new razor based on the Weck/Personna hair shaper blade? A Weck for the wext century.
Dovo Shavette with the (discontinued) green insert. Fromm, Dianne, and Swan, also produced hair shaper types. Unfortunately nobody did an updated Surgical Prep.

**Weck Friday**

I sinned on Thursday and paid for it. I put a brand new DE blade in the Universal shavette, got what I thought was a smooth and comfortable shave, but ended up with a dozen pinprick weepers ATG. I hate new blades.

Fast forward to today and I was worried about a repeat of yesterday with the first use Personna blade. Good news - shave-wise, the new "Extra Sharp Stainless" Hair Shaper blade is a complete pussycat in the Wecprep SE. The Weck SE has a guard, so the blade doesn't have the same bloodthirsty tendencies it has in the unguarded Sextoblade - it's like shaving with a Sextoblade with the guard installed. Even with my irritated face from yesterday's shave, today's shave was perfect. I'll probably use the blade a few more times in the SE or guarded straight before attempting a traditional Sextoblade shave.

For those keeping count, my first Hair Shaper blade went 25 shaves, the second went 48, and the third, which I just binned, went 20. Consistency is my middle name ;-)

BTW @mpontiff has a Wecprep SE and still pops in from time to time.

**Weck Saturday**

What razor do you use when you're going to a 10am wedding, both kids and their partners are in town sleeping over, and you have only one bathroom?

Wecprep SE - in and out in just a few minutes, then relax on the couch with a coffee and earphones on LOUD to drown out the drama of three women trying to get ready in one bathroom. We arrived 20 minutes late, but the ceremony started 30 minutes late, so we were early ;-)

Weck Prep performs surgery on your face.
The "other Wecprep", the straight version, also performs facial surgery.

The shave started off great. I used the guard because I have not rounded off the corners of the new blade yet, but the shave was going so well I removed it. At the end of the WTG, I gave myself a 1" vertical cut next to my ear right below my sideburn. I must have had a brain phart because why the heck was I leading with the point and going *vertically* in that spot? Hurt like hell too. Finished the shave without incident ... with the guard back on.

The moral of the tale - don't drop your guard.

The "other Wecprep", the straight version, also performs facial surgery.

The shave started off great. I used the guard because I have not rounded off the corners of the new blade yet, but the shave was going so well I removed it. At the end of the WTG, I gave myself a 1" vertical cut next to my ear right below my sideburn. I must have had a brain phart because why the heck was I leading with the point and going *vertically* in that spot? Hurt like hell too. Finished the shave without incident ... with the guard back on.

Weck Wednesday - thin handle Surgical Prep. This is getting real boring. No matter which Weck I use on Wednesday, I always end up with a great shave.

If I'd remembered this thread, I'd have carried my recent rebound of interest in my Weck through today as well.
But instead, I used a CJB shavette (and suffered some irritation in the process).

If I'd remembered this thread, I'd have carried my recent rebound of interest in my Weck through today as well.
But instead, I used a CJB shavette (and suffered some irritation in the process).
There's a lesson to be learned somewhere in there. ;-)

When transferring the blade from the medical Sextoblade to the "Bantam", I realized that it's not actually a Bantam. It's just a Weck Hair Shaper - it says so right on the spine. I was thrown off by the translucent cobalt-blue scales because many Bantams had them.

Great shave with the little guy; I like how easily controllable and maneuverable it is.

Weck Wednesday again. Looks like @rudyt is teaching me too much bad habits. Loaded a used Weck blade in my Medical Prep and when it started tugging on the first pass, I wiped it down and stropped it a couple of times. Not the closest shave, but finished it without pain.

Top Bottom