Weck Wednesdays

OCtober 4th

WECK WEDNESDAY!

Razor: Weck Prep
Soap: Mike's Peppermint
AS: American Provenance "Shotguns and Shenannigans"

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally scored a Weck, and it looks just like this one! While I wait for it to arrive, I need to begin thinking about blades. I was going to buy the Personna hair shapers (25% sharper!), but the Amazon Q&A said they don't fit in Wecks. What do all y'all recommend? I've done a lot of searching, but there seems to be no consensus, and there seem to be several sizes of blade in this territory...

I finally scored a Weck, and it looks just like this one! While I wait for it to arrive, I need to begin thinking about blades. I was going to buy the Personna hair shapers (25% sharper!), but the Amazon Q&A said they don't fit in Wecks. What do all y'all recommend? I've done a lot of searching, but there seems to be no consensus, and there seem to be several sizes of blade in this territory...
Nice score! I use the Persona blades without any problems (https://www.amazon.com/Personna-RZR...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FPJJDHJ1G006MK2QZKM2) I just buy them at Sally's.

Congrats man. Looks like you got the thin handled one.

I received my wide handled Wecprep, cleaned it up tonight, and am ready for Weck Wednesday. I can confirm that the Personna Hair Shaper blades you linked fit like a glove.
proxy.php

Congrats on the score! Personna blades and Fromm blades fit- can't go wrong with either :)

The Orderly razor is smaller. Not having one, I think it is either the same size or slightly larger than the hair shapers. Definitely better built. The military issued Preps were built like tanks but extremely good shavers. (I am assuming the Orderly Prep is too.
I received my Wecprep Orderly Razor today and can confirm that it's the same size as the Sextoblade, and smaller than the Hair Shaper.

The Orderly is identical to the all-stainless medical Sextoblade except it has Weck 450-110 stamped where the caduceus is.

First shave with the Wecprep SE razor today (see pic 4 posts above this one). This is basically a giant Schick Injector or RazoRock Hawk, but open comb and with a blade that 3/8" wider than the Feather Artist Club blades in the Hawk - basically a giant rake. It's a hunk of solid stainless steel meant to be tossed into an autoclave every day, so to say it's built like a tank in an understatement.

I would have thought the wider blade would be a problem, but logically (and practically) it isn't. Maybe it's too wide if you've only shaved with DEs, GEM SEs and Injectors, but people have been shaving with long blades (i.e. straight razors) for centuries. In fact, the Personna Hair Shaper blade used in the Wecprep is still narrower and more maneuverable than any straight.

How does it shave? Just like my Weck Hair Shaper with the guard installed, only safer and more intuitive. Basically, it's a straight on a stick with a guard. I like it ... a lot.

First shave with the Wecprep SE razor today (see pic 4 posts above this one). This is basically a giant Schick Injector or RazoRock Hawk, but open comb and with a blade that 3/8" wider than the Feather Artist Club blades in the Hawk - basically a giant rake. It's a hunk of solid stainless steel meant to be tossed into an autoclave every day, so to say it's built like a tank in an understatement.

I would have thought the wider blade would be a problem, but logically (and practically) it isn't. Maybe it's too wide if you've only shaved with DEs, GEM SEs and Injectors, but people have been shaving with long blades (i.e. straight razors) for centuries. In fact, the Personna Hair Shaper blade used in the Wecprep is still narrower and more maneuverable than any straight.

How does it shave? Just like my Weck Hair Shaper with the guard installed, only safer and more intuitive. Basically, it's a straight on a stick with a guard. I like it ... a lot.
Welcome to the club. The few, the Proud, the Chosen!

Weck Wednesday

Okay, some points of clarification:
1. This is Wednesday
2. This is a Weck!

Great shave. Closest of all Wecks to give me a shave just like a regular straight. @imatabor, I still haven't figured out how to change the blade. ;-)

DSC01846.JPG

Weck Wuesday

Since I am traveling beginning tomorrow, I moved Weck Wednesday up to Weck Wuesday.

Again, some points of clarification:

1. This is Wuesday
2. This is a Weck!

Nice, comfortable shave, but shaved too much like a DE razor. I tried putting a Personna hair shaper blade in it, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Finally had to settle for a Personna Platinum DE blade, which is about as sharp as the hair shaper blade.

DSC01849.JPG

Weck Wuesday

Since I am traveling beginning tomorrow, I moved Weck Wednesday up to Weck Wuesday.

Again, some points of clarification:

1. This is Wuesday
2. This is a Weck!

Nice, comfortable shave, but shaved too much like a DE razor. I tried putting a Personna hair shaper blade in it, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Finally had to settle for a Personna Platinum DE blade, which is about as sharp as the hair shaper blade.

View attachment 829990
What no twin blade?:001_tongu

I had an early morning dental cleaning scheduled today, so I needed a fast shave. which meant the Weck Hair Shaper with the guard installed. 3 passes as usual. I'm at the point where I can do a normal shave just as quickly and safely with the Hair Shaper as I can with a DE. If I switch on the after-burners, a DE will be faster though.

Weck Wednesday!

Lots going on in my life but can't miss an opportunity to drive one of my favorite shavers the Hess 1010

I would never have known about this stellar shaver if not for the kindness of my dear friend Les @gvw755 thank you Les for the gift of great shaves!

Takes a Weck/Personna hair shaper blade so it counts ;)

proxy.php

Top Bottom