What's new

Weck Wednesdays

Weck Wednesday

Glad that @Sdm84 shaved with little brother Hess 1010 as Big brother Hess 1010 came up in my Weck rotation today.

DSC01193.JPG

Was one of my Hess 1010 mods that had the black scales and recently got scales from another vintage Japanese shavette. The old scales got handed down to the newer 1010 which went to Sdm84.

Practically the same shave as yesterday, except I used the Weck Sextoblade medical straight au-naturel, i.e. without the guard like I did yesterday. In my opinion, the Sextoblade with a well-used blade (20th shave today) is very close to a real straight, very very close. Not so much when the blade is new, but now that the blade has some miles on it, it lost the tendency to bite that's common to most shavettes.

proxy.php

Weck Wednesday

Orange Popsicle Weck Hair Shaper. Very small, light and nimble. Not quite as hearty as rudyt's shaver, but still a good shave.

Orange Popsicle Weck Hair Shaper. Very small, light and nimble. Not quite as hearty as rudyt's shaver, but still a good shave.
I love my cobalt blue Weck Hair Shaper. Yup, very small, light and nimble, and a great shaver. Unlike many (most) people around these parts, I don't mind the shave with the guard installed. It's a nice change of pace every few shaves, or when I'm in a rush. Addictive little razor.

Weck Wednesday

After using my light and nimble Weck last week, I decided to pull out the bruiser - Weck Medical Prep. Big, heavy, and built like a tank, but still gives one of the best shaves around.

Weck Prep aka The Beast. Had it been sold by Herters it would have been the finest procurable, tenacious for quality!

Weck Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale" with Personna Hair Shaper [24]

No guard on the shavette today, but I paid particular attention to pressure, i.e. keeping the minimum pressure to not make the razor skip, but not so much that I'm abrading skin. The attention paid off because after the shave, I could not tell that I had even shaved.

Weck Wecprep Medical Sextoblade (stainless) w/guard and Personna Hair Shaper [26]

Went with the fully armored tank today, the all-stainless medical Sextoblade with guard. The guard tends to get a bad rap around here for getting in the way and taking away control, but I find it's a great change of pace. For me, it's the same as using my mild Tech one day and using my R41 the next day; they're just different and one is not "better" than the other.

I tried stropping my Weck hair shaper today. Interesting results it CAN be stropped and it DID make it keener.

Shave was just middling but then again my prep today was not great.

Anyone else strop them (besides palm stropping?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried stropping my Weck hair shaper today. Interesting results it CAN be stropped and it DID make it keener.

Shave was just middling but then again my prep today was not great.

Anyone else strop them (besides palm stropping?)

I've been stropping my Persona Hair Shaper blades in my Wecks for 5 shaves now. I found a small 10" x3" piece of solid leather about 1/2" thick and do about 30 laps after every shave (they're short laps). The blade was dropping off before I started, but it's picked up and going strong now.

I've been stropping my Persona Hair Shaper blades in my Wecks for 5 shaves now. I found a small 10" x3" piece of solid leather about 1/2" thick and do about 30 laps after every shave (they're short laps). The blade was dropping off before I started, but it's picked up and going strong now.

Good to know. I stropped mine the same way I strop my straights. Interesting :)

Weck Wednesday - cheap Chinese knockoff of a cheap Chinese shavette. Even though the handle is stainless steel, it ain't the same as the Medical Prep. Had a Weck blade in it though and so that was all that mattered.

Top Bottom