What's new

Weck Wednesdays

Weck hair shaper for a second Wednesday in a row. Fourth shave with the Fromm blade. I know others get many more shaves out of these blades, but this one feels done to me.

Weck Surgical Prep thin handle today. I believe they give the best shaves of all my safety razors, but rotating between the thin and flat handle every Weck Wednesday for a month gets old real fast. I am looking forward to picking up some of my Weck straights again.
So the thin handle shaves better than the flat?

Longest Cut Ever, But Still a Great Shave

Swapped a new Personna blade into the plastic handled Sextoblade today and the shave was oh so smooth compared to yesterday at 25 shaves.

WTG, then ear to nose, then nose to ear, then ATG upwards. I was in the zone. The shave quality was confirmed by the complete lack of sting from the alcohol splash. perfect shave, but ...

... while I was edging the lines around my goatee, I got lazy and didn't switch hands to do each side. BAM! A cut - let's call it an inch and a quarter long. Very shallow, but still, a cut I shouldn't have gotten. Arrrgh!

On a related note, I received my stainless medical Sextoblade today and it's a beauty.

Longest Cut Ever, But Still a Great Shave

Swapped a new Personna blade into the plastic handled Sextoblade today and the shave was oh so smooth compared to yesterday at 25 shaves.

WTG, then ear to nose, then nose to ear, then ATG upwards. I was in the zone. The shave quality was confirmed by the complete lack of sting from the alcohol splash. perfect shave, but ...

... while I was edging the lines around my goatee, I got lazy and didn't switch hands to do each side. BAM! A cut - let's call it an inch and a quarter long. Very shallow, but still, a cut I shouldn't have gotten. Arrrgh!

On a related note, I received my stainless medical Sextoblade today and it's a beauty.
Ouch! Heal up.

Strangely, I'm not a bleeder at all. My straight cuts don't even scab. My skin is part rhino ;-)
Found your new avatar:

proxy.php

Slightly. I know it is not the head since it is the same, but the grip is different with the thin being held on the sides and the flat being held front and back.
I just bought this Weck Wecprep last night. Based on your description, does it have a flat handle or a thin handle? The handle looks pretty flat to me, but the grips are on the side.

I just bought this Weck Wecprep last night. Based on your description, does it have a flat handle or a thin handle? The handle looks pretty flat to me, but the grips are on the side.
There were two versions, the one on the left is the one you got, which I refer to as the flat handle. The one on the right is an earlier version that I refer to as the thin handle. The way how you grip them are slightly different.

2 weck.jpg

There were two versions, the one on the left is the one you got, which I refer to as the flat handle. The one on the right is an earlier version that I refer to as the thin handle. The way how you grip them are slightly different.
Thanks. So in true B&B fashion, you're saying I need both ;-) I'm OK with that.

Since I have you on the phone, do you know what the difference is between the stainless Sextoblade with the medical insignia on the "scales" and the Wecprep Orderly Razor with 450-110 stamped on the "scales"?

Last edited:

I’ve been trying to buy a Weck Surgical Prep DE for some time, through the BST and eBay. Do you mind if I ask what search you used to find that beauty on eBay?

I’ve been trying to buy a Weck Surgical Prep DE for some time, through the BST and eBay. Do you mind if I ask what search you used to find that beauty on eBay?
Sure. This may look like magic, but my highly classified search term is ... wait for it ... "weck razor"

I usually do a search once every day or two and have to wade through some hair shapers and Sextoblades, but it only takes a minute. I just got lucky.

Thanks. So in true B&B fashion, you're saying I need both ;-) I'm OK with that.

Since I have you on the phone, do you know what the difference is between the stainless Sextoblade with the medical insignia on the "scales" and the Wecprep Orderly Razor with 450-110 stamped on the "scales"?
The Orderly razor is smaller. Not having one, I think it is either the same size or slightly larger than the hair shapers. Definitely better built. The military issued Preps were built like tanks but extremely good shavers. (I am assuming the Orderly Prep is too.

Sure. This may look like magic, but my highly classified search term is ... wait for it ... "weck razor"

I usually do a search once every day or two and have to wade through some hair shapers and Sextoblades, but it only takes a minute. I just got lucky.

Good for you! I checked my search yesterday, but that beauty did not show up. Thanks for your help.

OCtober 4th

WECK WEDNESDAY!

Razor: Weck Prep
Soap: Mike's Peppermint
AS: American Provenance "Shotguns and Shenannigans"

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weck Wednesday

As much as I really like my surgical preps, shaving with them for the whole month of SEptember got old after a while.

Finally got to shave with my cheap Chinese clone of a cheap Chinese shavette. Was originally made to hold a Feathr Cut blade, but modified for a Weck. Great shave, but this will never replace the Medical Prep, and persoally, I think I would get a great shave if a Weck blade was glued to a chopstick. It really is about the blade.

DSC01769.JPG

Top Bottom