What's new

We only get so many shaves in our lives so my question is...

wow, shaving for fun? You need to buy some power tools, guns or motorcycles to get some danger & excitement in your life! 🤪
Um, what makes you think I don't have those types of toys? Well, I'm done with bikes but I'm OK on guns, tools, audio gear, cameras, a Land Cruiser and a 4x4 truck. Used to have sports cars but too many other rides these days.

But yes, for some of us who have perfected wet shaving, it is, indeed, fun!

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I have to shave every day and I have what I consider to be too much shaving gear which I am trying to whittle down as quickly as possible

Honestly, it's hardly worth the time and trouble. I have thought of getting rid of my Rooney made T&H Silvertip brush as I almost never use it along with 2-3 vintage Gillettes but the selling requirements and being forced to use Paypal does not appeal to me.
But that is a fantastic brush, or at least mine is...
Or was, the last time I recall using it...

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Um, what makes you think I don't have those types of toys? Well, I'm done with bikes but I'm OK on guns, tools, audio gear, cameras, a Land Cruiser and a 4x4 truck. Used to have sports cars but too many other rides these days.

But yes, for some of us who have perfected wet shaving, it is, indeed, fun!
I hear you. My motorcycle days are long gone, as well.
Didn't mean to imply you don't have an exciting life 😀

But that is a fantastic brush, or at least mine is...
Or was, the last time I recall using it...
It's a great brush but I use other brushes more. Kinda liking boar and, I hate to admit it, but the couple synthetics I have are appealing to my lazy nature. ;) I do want to sell it but I don't think I want to do it here with all the B&B requirements (which I understand why they did once but no longer).

I hear you. My motorcycle days are long gone, as well.
Didn't mean to imply you don't have an exciting life 😀
Not so much exciting anymore; most of the exciting years took place when I was younger, single, then raising a family, traveling etc. Now, I'd call it a quieter but satisfying life. You know, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

It's a great brush but I use other brushes more. Kinda liking boar and, I hate to admit it, but the couple synthetics I have are appealing to my lazy nature. ;) I do want to sell it but I don't think I want to do it here with all the B&B requirements (which I understand why they did once but no longer).
Watch out for the Semogue Mistura

Best of both worlds right there, naturally speaking.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Oh, you have to marry..... No real man knows fear until he has to think up a lie about why he didn't get the dishes done!
R.jpg

I shave every other day, I shave in the evenings before bed, and I like to take my time and enjoy it, rather than feeling rushed to shave before work. I would not be able to spend so much time every day.

I enjoy a really close shave, which leaves my skin smooth in all directions for 12hrs or more, so that my face still feels smooth the next morning. Last night I had a particularly wonderful shave with my WR2 1.55 and most of my face and neck still felt smooth mid-afternoon, 15 or more hours later. I don’t think it would suit a daily shaving regimen to shave that close each time - I would probably have to do shorter shaves with less attention to detail and less efficient razors, and that’s not really what I enjoy.

I think I get more pleasure from my shaves when there is more to cut - the completely smooth-feeling skin is more satisfying to me when it was entirely rough before the shave. And cutting through longer stubble feels more satisfying to me.

And I think I get smoother shaves when my stubble is longer (maybe the longer hair absorbs water and softens better, I don’t know, but it seems that way). I suppose having a day off between shaves must help my skin condition too.

My facial hair is not dark and it doesn’t show if I haven’t shaved that day, so I don’t need to shave daily. And I suspect that if I did shave daily it would start to become a chore rather than something I look forward to.

So there are quite a few reasons why shaving every other day suits me best and makes it more of a pleasure for me. Of course if I wish to shave in-between there is nothing stopping me.
Since returning to DE wet shaving from electrics I've also found it relaxing to sometimes shave in the evening for the same reasons. Unlike an electric, that must be used in the morning since it does not cut as close, my closer DE evening shaves look good through most of the day.

Ideal frequency for me is typically six shaves a week. My skin does best with an occasional day off from shaving.

Plus, my kids will only shave with electrics. They think their old man is insane even though I don't use a straight (in which case they might have a point...).
Same with my teenager/college freshman. He likes the convenience plus for most of his life that is what he saw me use. Doesn't see the point in taking 10-15 minutes when the electric lets him do it in 2 minutes. Also given the gen Z/millennial trend towards more facial hair even with an electric he's still one of the cleanest shaven guys on campus.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Same with my teenager/college freshman. He likes the convenience plus for most of his life that is what he saw me use. Doesn't see the point in taking 10-15 minutes when the electric lets him do it in 2 minutes. Also given the gen Z/millennial trend towards more facial hair even with an electric he's still one of the cleanest shaven guys on campus.
My son learned early with a DE.... But he's busier than a....... I can't truly finish that sentence like I want to! Anyway, he's been using an electric for a while now. Can't beat the speed, and he is kleen kut AND kleen shaven, like a young Cary Grant. I'm just glad he's hygiene is good, lol. Good young man his Mom and Lord raised while I was chasing dollars.

Top Bottom