What's new

We only get so many shaves in our lives so my question is...

How on earth do some of you only shave a couple times a week??? If I could, I'd shave twice a day! As it is, other than backcountry camping when I was younger, I have shaved nearly everyday for 50+ years. And it still ain't enough. I mean look at all the crap I still have!!

;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Honestly, it's hardly worth the time and trouble. I have thought of getting rid of my Rooney made T&H Silvertip brush as I almost never use it along with 2-3 vintage Gillettes but the selling requirements and being forced to use Paypal does not appeal to me.
I'm the same. I'll either give it away or die with it. Lol, then it'll be my son's problem!

Honestly, it's hardly worth the time and trouble. I have thought of getting rid of my Rooney made T&H Silvertip brush as I almost never use it along with 2-3 vintage Gillettes but the selling requirements and being forced to use Paypal does not appeal to me.
Yeah...there is that

Spare a thought for our bretheren that have beards that grow so slowly that they only can shave once or twice a week! Imagine the hardship of waking up and looking in the bathroom mirror and not seeing any new whiskers for days at a time... The horror!

As for all the kit: PIF it on to those that do have to shave daily but lack the rich variety of accoutrements necessary to accomplish this hallowed ritual in all its manly glory.

:badger:

Spare a thought for our bretheren that have beards that grow so slowly that they only can shave once or twice a week! Imagine the hardship of waking up and looking in the bathroom mirror and not seeing any new whiskers for days at a time... The horror!

As for all the kit: PIF it on to those that do have to shave daily but lack the rich variety of accoutrements necessary to accomplish this hallowed ritual in all its manly glory.

:badger:
I know that the PIF is a thing on this site but I neither want nor will I likely give here when there are local thrift shops that can use the donation and proceeds from their sale of donated items. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool thing for those who participate.

I do wonder how often the pay it forward is really done though? I had a recent purchase from ebay where a description of the item wasn't quite as accurate as the seller claimed. I contacted him suggesting a discount was in order but instead, he told me to keep it with his compliments and refunded the entire amount. I told him I wasn't at all comfortable with that and he suggested that maybe I could make a donation to a local cause instead (the seller was a class act). It just so happened that a group my wife belongs to was raising money for a certain cause and we made a donation for the amount of this purchase. I'm not sure I would have done anything had this not been right in front of me. So many people come and go here, I often wonder how many of the recipients of a PIF stick around long enough to do the same for someone else. I don't know and I hope it happens often but I make my donations locally.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
How on earth do some of you only shave a couple times a week??? If I could, I'd shave twice a day! As it is, other than backcountry camping when I was younger, I have shaved nearly everyday for 50+ years. And it still ain't enough. I mean look at all the crap I still have!!

;)

Some of us are under forced water conservation protocals. I'd be going through far too many gallons of water, if I were to shave everyday. And I would go through my consumable shaving products far too quickly as well. I set an allotted budget each month on buying shaving supplies, but I'm not rich, so I got to use the supplies wisely.

Would I like to shave every day? You bet! But in my situation, its not gonna happen. Guess what? I'm on city water, and you know what that means, it means that I have to pay money for that water, I am not on a free use yard well. And guess what our cities water utility company decided to do, raise our rates again. You know what the bill went up to? 200 bucks!

So ya, thats my reality. Use too much water, cost goes up further! Got a water leak? Cost goes up exponentially. This is my life, but I am used to it. And where people are just recently being forced to conserve water due to the drought and rivers drying up this last summer, I have been practicing water conversation, short showers, and extending clothes washing intervals for years now.

I literally use less water then most people do. But people are starting to understand what I do, due to the fact that there is no water left practically in this country. There are places in the US, where the land has no drinking water, and they are forced to drink bottled water. We are in a real reality here. Nobody can afford to just waste water like it means nothing.

So if you can manage daily shaving, without having a 400 dollar water bill, go right ahead, have fun! But for those of us around here, not gonna happen.

I wish my beard grew quickly enough to shave every day. It sounds strange, but if my stubble isn't long enough I can't get a good close shave. Also my skin gets angry if I shave too often.

Some of us are under forced water conservation protocals. I'd be going through far too many gallons of water, if I were to shave everyday. And I would go through my consumable shaving products far too quickly as well. I set an allotted budget each month on buying shaving supplies, but I'm not rich, so I got to use the supplies wisely.

Would I like to shave every day? You bet! But in my situation, its not gonna happen. Guess what? I'm on city water, and you know what that means, it means that I have to pay money for that water, I am not on a free use yard well. And guess what our cities water utility company decided to do, raise our rates again. You know what the bill went up to? 200 bucks!

So ya, thats my reality. Use too much water, cost goes up further! Got a water leak? Cost goes up exponentially. This is my life, but I am used to it. And where people are just recently being forced to conserve water due to the drought and rivers drying up this last summer, I have been practicing water conversation, short showers, and extending clothes washing intervals for years now.

I literally use less water then most people do. But people are starting to understand what I do, due to the fact that there is no water left practically in this country. There are places in the US, where the land has no drinking water, and they are forced to drink bottled water. We are in a real reality here. Nobody can afford to just waste water like it means nothing.

So if you can manage daily shaving, without having a 400 dollar water bill, go right ahead, have fun! But for those of us around here, not gonna happen.
Good Lord, where do you live? I'm on a well but I pay to maintain it as well as the electric bill to run it so it's not free. I spent $3000 last year to replace the pump (after 25 years).

Top Bottom