What's new

Waterman Kultur as an eyedropper?

Has anyone used the Kultur as an eyedropper fill pen? It would seem to me that if you can seal the threads, there shouldn't be a reason this wouldn't work. The threads seem to be close enough that a little of the same grease Noodler's uses on the Charlie should work to fully seal. But I'm a little chicken to try it, and don't actually know what grease Noodler's uses...

Just curious if anyone else has thought of it yet, or has a suggestion on getting it to seal.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't own a kultur, but silicone grease should make the seal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Silicone grease or the plumbers grease purchased at the local hardware store for less money than the pen stores is what you need. As for the pen I have never tried it as an eye dropper and if it has no metal inserts and holds water without leaking during cleanings it can be a dropper filled pen....reminder most if not all eye dropper filled pens burp ink and that makes them unpredictable for globs of ink leaking on to the page for the big smear.....

reminder most if not all eye dropper filled pens burp ink and that makes them unpredictable for globs of ink leaking on to the page for the big smear.....

Thanks for the tips to all. I might have to give it a shot, and will report back with any results.

Maguire, I did initially have trouble with burping of my Charlie, but once I got the nib and feed nicely seated and actually *filled* it it hasn't burped since.

I did test it with water, and even without grease it seemed to seal completely. I'll have to find some grease to use, and then try it. It holds 3.5 ml of fluid in the body, so for those reading that need a lot of ink, this might be a good option. The Kultur is actually a very nice pen for the money.

Thanks for the tips to all. I might have to give it a shot, and will report back with any results.

Maguire, I did initially have trouble with burping of my Charlie, but once I got the nib and feed nicely seated and actually *filled* it it hasn't burped since.

Happy to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Kultur, but it seems that some kind of small,micro hole somewhere in the cap or near the clip, I can't find exactly where it is located, if you hold the cap and blow throw it, you can feel a little air came out, I experiment seal with silicone, but I don't know where else to find the air exit.

I would try with water first for an eyedropper first :)

Don't use petroleum jelly (vaseline), silicone grease needs to be 100% pure. Hardware store kind may not be. Dive shop kind would be, pen store kind would be.

I have a Kultur, but it seems that some kind of small,micro hole somewhere in the cap or near the clip, I can't find exactly where it is located, if you hold the cap and blow throw it, you can feel a little air came out, I experiment seal with silicone, but I don't know where else to find the air exit.

I would try with water first for an eyedropper first :)

Most pens caps don't actually seal. It's the barrel that you need to worry about. :)

Yes, you can absolutely do this with a Waterman Kultur. I've done it and it worked fine. The Kultur is a great pen - I managed to badly missalign the nibs on mine and miss them.

Top Bottom