What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

watch od.jpg

I think it's the GX-56L-4 solar. I bought it last year at a Casio store in the Philippines. At the time it was the equivalent of $200. I just checked the Casio store and it was priced around $128 on sale, but sold out. I guess these watches lose their value very quickly! It is durable and I took it island hopping, into the ocean and it survived the humid weather like a champ. It can be a pain to charge, so it gets left near a lamp when not in use.
20240526_144515.jpg

Hot in Austria?! Only rain in Belgium. It's really unbearable. With the exception of a handful of days it has rained non stop since the end of October.

Meanwhile I am rotating between the Oriënt Ray and my Seiko snkl.

My translator must have messed up somehow, because I ordered a Vostok instead of the new Orient mako. Can't wait for it to arrive. It's a 40mm case, blue sunburst dial and comes on a nato, which ironically enough is dressed in the colours of the Russian flag.

PS I didn't order it from Russia. Which seemed the only way I could justify the purchase. I still feel a bit in dubio about this, given the current crisis. I hope I am not offending anyone by buying one. I just think they are something special. Something tells me they will only be harder to get hold of. For the record, I am all for peace. Everywhere and anywhere.

Screenshot_20240528_183959.jpg

IMG_20230825_184211615.jpg

I collect watches made by WoR, a small artisan watchmaker based in Portsmouth. All his watches are designed and hand assembled in the UK.

Mr D makes probably the most authentic reproduction military watches on the market. This is his A-11 Bulova reproduction. Facially and in dimension it is identical to the original. It has authentic markings on the back based on historical examples.

Despite having a diameter of 33mm, precisely according to the 1942 spec, it has excellent presence on the wrist.

A great tool watch with 10 atm, a 316 brushed steel case and a sapphire crystal. It has the Seiko VH31 movement for that lovely sweeping second hand motion.

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_184248502.jpg
    IMG_20230825_184248502.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hot in Austria?! Only rain in Belgium. It's really unbearable. With the exception of a handful of days it has rained non stop since the end of October.

Meanwhile I am rotating between the Oriënt Ray and my Seiko snkl.

My translator must have messed up somehow, because I ordered a Vostok instead of the new Orient mako. Can't wait for it to arrive. It's a 40mm case, blue sunburst dial and comes on a nato, which ironically enough is dressed in the colours of the Russian flag.

PS I didn't order it from Russia. Which seemed the only way I could justify the purchase. I still feel a bit in dubio about this, given the current crisis. I hope I am not offending anyone by buying one. I just think they are something special. Something tells me they will only be harder to get hold of. For the record, I am all for peace. Everywhere and anywhere.

View attachment 1853579
28 degrees for a day, then heavy rains and a drop to 20. That pattern is now ongoing for 2-3 months but 28 was a peak this month.

Top Bottom