What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
IMG_20220809_093451511~2.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So after I got my Tudor Pelagos, I had my Black Bay on the winder. One day I saw it had stopped. Odd I thought, wound it up and wore it a few days (had a bit of a problem getting it started). Days later again it stopped on the winder - different location on the winder. All my other watches on the 4-watch winder are running fine (Tag Heuer, Jensen and IWC). Took it to the jeweler where I got it from.
They had their watchmaker check it thoroughly, and he put it on a winder on which it worked fine. It was supposedly working just perfect.
Got there yesterday to pick it up and the lady at the store wound it up and set the time. I put it on my wrist and went to the Wholefoods store across the parking lot and when I got out of the store, the watch had stopped, just a few seconds after the jeweler had set it for me. Went straight back and everyone at the jewelers was surprised that it had stopped. They wound it more, and again it stopped after a few seconds.....now it is on its way to Tudor and I hope they can find out what is wrong.
It is definitely not my winder as they told me...
Anybody here has some similar experiences??

SOTD and new watch StrapOTD :w00t:
SOTD-BRG-P_2022-08-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac olive wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Phoenix Scentsless
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6)
ASL: La Rive Cabana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
Five days growth gone, just like that! The sink took a bit longer to clean up though. I'm celebrating today's new red Paratrooper Watch Strap on my favorite watch, so I had to let them join the party. 🥳

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

More about the strap, please! :D

For my WotD:

I picked up the '97 SKX005 from repair today. The bezel was notchy and hard to turn; $10 later, it's got a hard click, but it's smooth and consistent. I'm wearing it now, though the CNS single-pass strap was more fiddly than I remember.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the Sportsmatic. I got a replacement crystal from JulesBorel.com and when I went to pick up the watch, I noticed an "eyelash" scratch just to the 3 o'clock side of center. I hadn't remove the crystal from the shipping package before handing it off, but I'm pretty sure JB didn't send a pre-scratched crystal.

Anyway, supposedly, the repair guy used by the jewelry shop ran repairs for Seiko in this region before they shut down the program, so he should know his stuff. Either the crystal was scratched and he didn't catch it before or after doing the replacement, or it got scratched in transit back to the shop or while being stored awaiting pick-up. Disappointing, but I'm sure it will get sorted; I'll just have to wait a bit longer. He's supposed to call on Friday, so until then...

Last edited:
Top Bottom