What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

downloadfile.txt.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
One day around 1980 I picked up my then 20 year old Guild F50 R guitar from the now defunct EU Wurlitzer's in Boston where it had been repaired. A pretty valuable, but certainly not priceless guitar. As I walked down the stairs into the nearby subway station 3 high school aged kids tried to grab me and tear the watch off my wrist- a $7 Timex. I pushed two of them away with the hard shell guitar case, but the third guy got the strap to break and he ran off with the worthless watch, leaving me standing there with the thousand dollar guitar.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One day around 1980 I picked up my then 20 year old Guild F50 R guitar from the now defunct EU Wurlitzer's in Boston where it had been repaired. A pretty valuable, but certainly not priceless guitar. As I walked down the stairs into the nearby subway station 3 high school aged kids tried to grab me and tear the watch off my wrist- a $7 Timex. I pushed two of them away with the hard shell guitar case, but the third guy got the strap to break and he ran off with the worthless watch, leaving me standing there with the thousand dollar guitar.
If you were carrying a nice drum kit I might've been chasing you...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's weird. As I was looking at it I thought, "the only way that could look any better is on my wrist!"

I recently replaced the battery in my Casio atomic digital thing and my OCD has kicked in and it's all I'm wearing. You never know when NASA might call and ask me to do the countdown on a rocket launch. And you know how picky they are about accuracy!

It's weird. As I was looking at it I thought, "the only way that could look any better is on my wrist!"

I recently replaced the battery in my Casio atomic digital thing and my OCD has kicked in and it's all I'm wearing. You never know when NASA might call and ask me to do the countdown on a rocket launch. And you know how picky they are about accuracy!
Watch out (pun intended), the watch rabbit hole is very deep. You won't be going into space, just the opposite, you'l be going deep, deep into the abyss!

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
The December watch, it is my most inexpensive one, but it keeps really good time! I wanted to see if I could live with a regulateur, and I am not sure. It can be tough to read in a hurry. I was going to try this and if I liked it I would try to find the Sinn version. I will give it a month and see if it grows on me.
fullsizeoutput_510.jpeg

Top Bottom