What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

Dusted off the Seagull /Stauer today

proxy.php

Plums all came off the tree and they've been yummy, both fresh and the plum jam.

Now we're awaiting the peaches which aren't yet ripe. Ought to be just right by the 4th of July.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I need to get a Vostok, if only for the uniqueness of them. There is not a lot of people running around with these on their wrists.

I need to get a Vostok, if only for the uniqueness of them. There is not a lot of people running around with these on their wrists.

They are very unique with a lot of little "issues" haha but that's what makes this watch so cool to me besides the ability to mod then however you like I know the odds of me walking into someplace and someone have the exact watch is me is pretty small

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
They are little workhorses, I have the Blue and Gold and the Rose Gold versions, always reliable, and you don't have to worry about getting them banged up

I got mine, brand new, for $40 at a pawn store. It keeps pretty decent time, I just wish the reserve was a little longer- I get about 36 hours. I generally don't wear it on my days off.

I got mine, brand new, for $40 at a pawn store. It keeps pretty decent time, I just wish the reserve was a little longer- I get about 36 hours. I generally don't wear it on my days off.

When it comes up in rotation I usually wear it non stop for about a week or more, as it is so comfortable, and you are right, the main spring in the Miyota movement is a bit week, and releases its energy fairly fast, but I get just about 36 as well. I used to have a bunch of watch winders, but then they started collecting dust, so I got rid of most of them

'50s Gruen for casual Friday, even if I am retired and in the shade. May have hit 100F here this afternoon for the first time this year.

Watch thread's languishing of late.

Late 1940s (?) Alpina Rensie just back from its rehab with the watchmaker. Peaches are almost ripe.

They are very unique with a lot of little "issues" haha but that's what makes this watch so cool to me besides the ability to mod then however you like I know the odds of me walking into someplace and someone have the exact watch is me is pretty small

I have a scuba dude version. It has been great for a cheap watch and feels nice and substantial without being too big. As for the quality or issues, it might be the luck of the draw. I got lucky :)

Top Bottom