What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love the looks of the Bambino, but I would find a metal strap. I can't do leather, rubber, or (worse of the bunch) silicone. I can't stand the feeling of sweat under a watch band. This is also why I don't wear rings (my wedding ring it tattooed on).

Orange Monster today as well.
$Orange Monster CIMG4961.jpg

Wore the "old faithful" today...

proxy.php

Kienzle 17 Rubis mechanical on a Fluco Berlin strap. 56+ years old, never serviced, one full wind lasts 48 hours and its still accurate to within 20 seconds over 24 hours.

Never heard Kienzle. That's kinda cool.

Really good-looking with the full set of Arabic numeral markers and the keen logo. The "Made in Germany" marking adds interest. I like gold cases. Looks good with your strap selection.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Vintage Seiko 5, from the early 60's. Gains about 1.5 mins/day. Will post a pic when my son shows me how! lol

Wore the "old faithful" today...

Kienzle 17 Rubis mechanical on a Fluco Berlin strap. 56+ years old, never serviced, one full wind lasts 48 hours and its still accurate to within 20 seconds over 24 hours.

That watch is gorgeous, but I would respectfully suggest a service. I know it's working quite well, but so would your car if you never changed the oil...until it quit for good. It would be a shame to permanently damage a watch for which parts are likely unavailable.

Please excuse my unsolicited advice.

That watch is gorgeous, but I would respectfully suggest a service. I know it's working quite well, but so would your car if you never changed the oil...until it quit for good. It would be a shame to permanently damage a watch for which parts are likely unavailable.

Please excuse my unsolicited advice.

Not at all, I welcome it :)

It is rather nice & I completely agree, only problem is finding someone trustworthy as it has a lot of sentimental value for me (all the more reason to get it done really!) I've heard some horror stories from people using the high street shops such as Timpsons etc...

Not at all, I welcome it :)

It is rather nice & I completely agree, only problem is finding someone trustworthy as it has a lot of sentimental value for me (all the more reason to get it done really!) I've heard some horror stories from people using the high street shops such as Timpsons etc...

http://watchguy.co.uk/

I have no personal knowledge of or affiliation with the gentlemen at the site above. As an amateur horologist I am an avid follower of their blog. They appear to do very good work, and appear to adhere to the standards of business conduct as prescribed by the British Horological Institute.

http://watchguy.co.uk/

I have no personal knowledge of or affiliation with the gentlemen at the site above. As an amateur horologist I am an avid follower of their blog. They appear to do very good work, and appear to adhere to the standards of business conduct as prescribed by the British Horological Institute.

Fantastic stuff, I've just lost 20 minutes taking in some of the information/pictures on his blog! Looks like he's on hiatus at present so will get in touch to see when he plans to return.

Top Bottom