What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

One more thing:

Is hiding in a crypt the safest place to be when fighting someone that can raise the dead to fight for him?

Just sayin'.....

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I read the same thing on Reddit earlier today. It said that in the book Jon dreams he’s in the Crypts and the tombs open and the dead kings start walking. Makes sense! We do know that the Knight King can raise the dead. Everyone hiding in the crypts....where dead a buried.....Whoops, quite the oversight.

I will also say that for the first time in the entirety of the show I began to have the smallest smidgen of microscopic proportion in the way of appreciating the possibility of redemption for Theon.

I am not rooting for him, though.

I will also say that for the first time in the entirety of the show I began to have the smallest smidgen of microscopic proportion in the way of appreciating the possibility of redemption for Theon.

I am not rooting for him, though.
We're going to see a lot of deaths in the next episode, and I'd be willing to wager a large sum that Theon is one of them. At least he gets to go out heroically.

I'll also put out there a couple theories, just in case thwy actually work out...

The dead overrun Winterfell, and the survivors flee somewhere over water to make a last stand. Yara brought it up, but i think dragonstone is more likely than the iron islands.

Im thinking also that Jon will somehow accidentally demonstrate himself to be fireproof - hopefully in an attempt to sacrifice himself to kill the night king, and not because Dany turns on him.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There’s a thing I read that theorized most the C & B list characters will die next week, or very soon. Brianne because she was finally knighted, greyworm and maybe his GF because they were planning their future. Theon and/or Sansa cause they had a moment. Basically because they all had a heartwarming episode they gotta die. In GoT fashion.

The books are called A Song of Ice and Fire. So obviously Dany is the fire and Jon is the ice. I think it ends with Dany in Kings Landing on the Iron Throne and Jon in the North at Winterfell. King of the North and Queen of the South.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Im thinking also that Jon will somehow accidentally demonstrate himself to be fireproof
I don’t think it will be fire proof. Didn’t he burn his hand on the lamp when he threw it at the walker when it was coming after the lord commander?

A Song of Ice and Fire. Dany is fire proof. Jon is ice or frost or cold proof. Maybe. I do think we will see some other miracle happen with him though.

<What was that huge scar on Arya's mid section?>

Unclear, at best, from the information the show has presented from what I can tell. For instance, The Waif stabbed Arya in the stomach, not the side. It may simply be a device to tell Gendry and perhaps we the viewers that there is a lot we do not know about Arya.

An interesting theory I read is that this attack on Winterfell is really a distracting feint while the Night King flies off top destroy or take over or whatever Kings Landing.

There is also theory that there is a another living dragon lurking, perhaps hibernating in the crypts, that will join the other living two.

Fun stuff.

I don’t think it will be fire proof. Didn’t he burn his hand on the lamp when he threw it at the walker when it was coming after the lord commander?

A Song of Ice and Fire. Dany is fire proof. Jon is ice or frost or cold proof. Maybe. I do think we will see some other miracle happen with him though.
I was thinking since he is Targaryen, blood of the dragon blah blah blah, that would prove it.

Interesting
Wouldn't bran think of this? Or foresee it anyway

I don’t think Bran has foresight, just current and past things.

?

Here’s my prediction of the future (I’m “the Cross Eyed Raven”, so take it for what it’s worth): they didn’t have a reunion of the Hound and Sansa because the Hound will save her from some dire peril this next episode ala saving her from the mob in Flea Bottom.

Theon dies for sure.(no tears will be shed from me)

Hearts Bane is the coolest sword in the seven kingdoms. Jorah is going to take out 2-3 white walkers with that bad boy for sure.

I also think Joffrey naming what is now Jamie’s sword “Widow’s wail” portends that it will be used to off Cersei. I think they had Olena bring up the swords name to Jamie to remind us of it again.

And we will never know what happened when Tyrion walked into a brothel with a jackass and a honeycomb...

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don’t think Bran has foresight, just current and past things.

He can, but it's more along the lines of what could happen, not what will. At least, the Three-Eyed Raven can do it. It's never explained particularly well what he can do (and Bran may not even yet understand it, himself), but he does have at least some insight into the future.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Interesting comments and theories
I forgot that bran has the mark of the white king ive been thinking about the crypt issue. That could be a major blunder or something too deep that the show will overlook
I wonder if the faces of death will reappear somehow. Arya made an interesting comment about seeing the face of death.

I'm not really happy with Danny and how see seems to have changed from previous seasons. And Tyrion really needs to get back to being the smartest guy in the room. Maybe it's a case of lazy writing?

I have enjoyed both episodes this season. I'm actually missing Tormund swooning over Brienne and I hope they both survive the coming war.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm not really happy with Danny and how see seems to have changed from previous seasons.

I agree. She's lost an edge.

There is no question that the writing and overall production has slacked. Breaking the final part of the show into two mini-seasons lost a lot a momentum, and it's obvious that the writing, directing, and acting all suffered for it.

Top Bottom