What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

Just amazing! The last 20 minutes were the best so far in the series I'd say.

By the way, I'm sure the dragon will survive. So will James.

the bad part about that...it's not just a 9-10 month wait, but a 15 month wait as they have pushed the airing back a few months next year. :a47::a52::cryin::em18:

Is Jamie dead?......

I think not. But I don't know how he gets out of this one.

I'm betting that Bron drags him out on the far side of the lake or something. The scene was a little reminiscent of Tyrion being dragged down to the depths by the stone man.

And Bron won't let him forget that adds to the debt.

EDIT: Dagwodz-You can't be serious about a 15 month wait?!
proxy.php

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
"Blood of the Dragon". The trailer showing Jon face to face with a dragon.....I wonder if next week he finally finds out he's dragon born.

Seems fitting considering the dragon lady was all googly eyed for him this past episode. And then The Onion Knight pointing that out to Jon that he's looking at her the same. And then Danny asks for his advice. Even calls him a King!

Maybe they don't get all weird on us but once they both find out Jon is a Tar. it will strengthen their bond for sure.

Are they cousins or is she his aunt? I think they are cousins.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
She is his aunt. Rhaegar was her brother.
10.4 thanks.

She did say she needed to marry a King. and she called him a King and was convincing herself of his kingship and power over the people.

Will they get married before or after they find out they are blood?

Good episode, for sure. I will have to watch the Arya/Brienne sword play again. I just do not see that a small rapier is going to be able to stop or even deflect a broadsword, if Arya were strong enough to do it, but maybe they played it so that did not happen and it was all finesse.

I agree that Arya is pretty dark. Kind of a jerk, too. A bit rash, which might likely get one killed in the real world, or what passes for that in GOT.

Seems to me the animus against Theon is way overblown. He sure saved Sansa at great risk to himself, and the idea that he should have stayed to fight Euron and be killed to try to save his sister, whom he clearly is loyal to, rather than flee to find help to try to save her seems ridiculous. Surely no one suffered as much as he did! No one has attempted to redeem himself as much as he has. Besides, I would think the idea would be to reward those who come back to one's side, when you trust them to stay there, which I think they should Theon these days.

I mean, we seem to forgive Jamie and he pushed Bran out of a frigging window for heaven sakes, and is in cahoots so far with Cersei, who seems largely pure evil and self-absorbed. Jamie did lose a hand, but I do not think that is close to what Theon went through.

I agree that Bron is a great character.

Theon BETRAYED the Starks! Flat out betrayal.

Theon was sent to enlist his father's help in supporting Rob (King in the North!) in overthrowing the Lannisters. Instead, he reverted to Ironborn status and sacked Winterfell while Rob was away, and only young Bran was in charge. Theon went on to behead Ser Roddrick (for spitting), who was practically family to the Starks. Maester Lewin was killed by the ironborn that Theon let into Winterfell. And subsequently the Bolton's took over Winterfell, thus necessitating the Battle of the Bastards, which made for a great episode, but for Jon, and the hundreds of his men that perished was a bit of a bummer, not to mention the killing of Ricon as well in that battle.

Theon would never have had to "save" Sansa if he was not a rat bastid to begin with, as outlined above.

I feel no sympathy for all the Theon has gone through. It was certainly torturous for his character, but in no way redemptive.

As far as Arya's swordplay--I took it as some sort of swordsmanship similar to akido--using the opponent's own force against them. Not trying to fight power with power (the way the Hound and Brienne went at it, or her and Jamie), but evasiveness, re-direction, and elusiveness.

I bow to Seraphim's expertise re Theon.

I watched the sword fight again. Kind of hard to tell what was supposed to be going on. Some akido-like moves, lots of dodges and change ups, all which seem okay. There seemed to be some broadsword swung hard against rapier, though, with blades coming to standstill, which I do not think makes any sense. Not that I think it is impossible to beat a broadswordman with a rapier. Swinging a broadsword causes one to commit methinks, and someone quick with a rapier could get inside. I suspect that is why lighter thinner swords seemed to replace broadswords over the years as swords of choice.

Arya seems evil though. Great scene.

Watching things again, it does seem sort of inexplicable why Danny would fly straight at loaded whatever you call it. She knew what she was flying into.

Great episode.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
So Tyrion shows up just as Jamie falls in to the drink. Here's what I think happens....Jamie is captured and Danny wants him killed. Tyrion sets him free or saves him somehow because Jamie saved Tyrion from being killed.

OR Jamie bends the knee to Danny. You can tell he's been questioning his existence for a long time. So maybe as some sort of "sorry" and to get back at Cersi he switches sides.

But he did kill the dragon lady's father so....

And why can't Bran look through his files and see who gave his assassin the dagger?

And why can't Bran look through his files and see who gave his assassin the dagger?

I think Bran is playing the long con. He knows (obviously) a lot more than he's let on thus far, and I am pretty sure everything he's doing (or not doing) is for a reason.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think Bran is playing the long con. He knows (obviously) a lot more than he's let on thus far, and I am pretty sure everything he's doing (or not doing) is for a reason.
Or should we call him The Three Eyed Raven. Since Bran died that chick said. And I think Bran agreed. He's def. not the same Bran.

He's acting like he knows the white walkers will win or something.

The Bran things seems like it is getting annoying. I assume the writers are good enough that interesting things are going to be happening centering on Bran and making him make more sense!

I think he did say something at one point about knowing lots of stuff but needing time to sort out what he knew. I do not think Bran is playing a con so much as being in the depths of what all is pouring into his head as the 3-eyed raven.

Top Bottom