What's new

*Warning-Spoilers, see post #697* - HBO's Game of Thrones

There’s a theory that if the night king does bring back the dead in winterfell that they won’t fight with him.

Something about as long as there’s a stark in winterfell they’ll be able to control their own dead?

That was the whole point. He was all crown and no dragon, to paraphrase an old saying.
I like that phrase. :a14:
I gotta use it.

If the NK's dragon qualifies as a white/ice dragon, its breath would be an icy/frost blast.
Some kind of frosty "anti-fire" is an intriguing notion, but I think it's still a hot flame.
As I understand it, the Wall was constructed of ice reinforced with magic. The undead dragon (named Drogon?) burned or melted right through it, and I would think an icy breath would strengthen the Wall.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Next episode is almost 90 minutes. The longest ever and is a battle.the battle at winterfell seems predictable. Its only episode 3.

Wow yes I can totally agree that was an amazing episode. I’ll wait till everyone else is caught up to talk specifics. But wow.

That was intense.
Count me among those who wasn't sure who lived and who died because it was dark the entire episode and cut from place to place so much.
I get the whole cinematic setting of the episode, but HBO still needs to consider that people need to see it and understand what's going on.
I'll have to re-watch.

I’ll wait till everyone else is caught up to talk specifics.

Yeah, I think we can wait a bit, too. But what a great episode. So much care and skill, and money, put into everything. The writing so respectful of the how the characters have developed and so respectful of exactly what has been said and done before. I did not sense an off note anywhere. Even the score, absolutely spot on. Such a treat to see this level of quality. Hats off!

i agree that piano music was so spot on... i was fill with dread as it was playing, I didn't know what was going to happen!

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I get the whole cinematic setting of the episode, but HBO still needs to consider that people need to see it and understand what's going on.

I was going to say the same thing. I enjoyed the episode very much, but it often was hard to tell what I was looking at (much less whom) or what the heck was even going on. Lots of darkness, fog, snow, and general hectic, quick cuts. We have a pretty good TV, and it still was hard to make out some of what was going on. To be very frank, I didn't find the fighting parts as intense as the battle at Castle Black, which is hard to believe when I think about what actually did happen. That might be simply because I had trouble making out what was going on.

This was one whopper of an episode, but there were some moments that fell flat with me when they really should not have. I don't know if the writing/acting/production crew have already moved on or if I have or if I just glanced away at the wrong moment. It could be that there was just so much going on that I need to look at it again. Shoot, it could even be that they really were floundering a bit at the thought of having to wrap things up after being a part of such an amazing series. I'm picking nits, though, as the earlier seasons spoiled me with such incredible quality.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I watched it with lights off. It was still quite dark. The internet is freaking out over how dark it was.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That was intense.
Count me among those who wasn't sure who lived and who died because it was dark the entire episode and cut from place to place so much.
I'll have to re-watch.
Too dark!

It was like watching a black screen for many extended periods.

Top Bottom