What's new

Voting! Who should get the PIF Scales with potential.

WHo gets the PIF you decide.

• CatSaddler

• dsmdylan

• Sergio Campos

• Sanshi

• totorlekiller

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can I squeeze in there, with this guy? He is almost done... $Joseph Rodgers and sons.jpg

2 more days of voting come on forum you can do better than this to vote on which you think should get the PIF.

OK the voting has closed. The winner istotorlekiller. So message me your address if you are out of contusa I will let you know the cost to ship is.

Totorlekiller your PIF has been mailed to you make sure post pictures up when you are done with before and after pictures. Also polish that blade up to with a Dremel.

So I little dilemna.

The scales turned out to be too small for the Le Grelot.
The Le Grelot razor (bottom, in black) is about 1/2 " longer than the scale and the blade would not fit (too long).

$photo-57.jpg
On the other hand, I have a small Dubl Duck razor whose original (broken) scales are almost the exact size as Wolfsvein's
So I think I'll attempt that instead.

So I went with plan B and used the Dubl Duck
The scales fit like a glove.
$photo-58.jpg
My first re-scale completed. Although, that does not really count as I did not make the scale.

Now I need to hone it and try it. Hopefully I get time tonight to get the stones out.

So what did you think of the scales? What did you finish them with? Did you use the brass rod I sent you? I hope pinning wasn't to bad for you.

So for the finish, I used some Minwax wood hardener. The rational was that it is supposed to get in and re-inforce the structure, so after applying it, I sanded off with grit 500, the shimering layer at the top. This way, it kept the natural look of the wood you used.
I hope it will protect from humidity. If not, I'll add a layer of wood oil over the external face.
For the pinning, I had a kit of brass nails and mini-washers that I had bought online which worked pretty well.

Last edited:
Did you test your finish on the piece of extra wood I sent you? You do know that you could make a pair of razor scales out of that one piece of wood.

Top Bottom