What's new

Voskhod price increase why?

Hey fellas. Been using Voskods for quite some time and I really like them. The packaging is great and they don't have those silly wax dots. I bought 100 pack a few years back and I'm nearly done with them. Went to Amazon and saw the they where 18 bucks! I remember getting them for less than 10 and now they are almost double the price. Went on eBay and they are even more expensive! How long have the prices of these blades been this high? I remember maybe a year or so recommending these blades to my brother and I believe even then they where around the same price. Now I will still buy them but sheesh I wonder whats going on. Anyone know where to get a good deal on these for a 100 pack?
DEB-VOSKHOD - Voskhod Double Edge Blades Scheermesjes - 1.3-web.jpg

Amazon prices flucuate greatly. Sometimes my Proraso Blue is $9 and the next week it's $16.

Check a shave vendor for a more consistant price comparisson.

That said,the price of everything has gone up over the past few years.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have not noticed an increase here in the UK - from my usual supplier Voskhods are £9.49 per hundred, Rapira Platinum Lux are also £9.49 and Rapira Swedish are £8.99; Ladas are not easy to get here and the cheapest I have found is £12.49.

Well, it might be time to switch to a different production country ......, these will eventually vanish from the western world.... they are probably running low on what they got 2 yrs ago....or maybe what they smuggled out recently.....

Well, it might be time to switch to a different production country ......, these will eventually vanish from the western world.... they are probably running low on what they got 2 yrs ago....or maybe what they smuggled out recently.....
That would be a shame. These are the smoothest blades ive ever used. I tend to use them on my more aggressive razors. They are smooth as butter.

I have not noticed an increase here in the UK - from my usual supplier Voskhods are £9.49 per hundred, Rapira Platinum Lux are also £9.49 and Rapira Swedish are £8.99; Ladas are not easy to get here and the cheapest I have found is £12.49.
Maybe because the shipment of the product may not be as much? But lucky you! These where the best cheapest and smoothest blades Ive ever used.

I blame Russian Collusion. Luckily, I have 50 left of my 100 that I paid under $10 for. And to tell you the truth, I go through 100 blades every 2 years, so if I like the performance of the blade, I will just redeem my cans/bottles at the liquor store and pay the premium.

Hey fellas. Been using Voskods for quite some time and I really like them. The packaging is great and they don't have those silly wax dots. I bought 100 pack a few years back and I'm nearly done with them. Went to Amazon and saw the they where 18 bucks! I remember getting them for less than 10 and now they are almost double the price. Went on eBay and they are even more expensive! How long have the prices of these blades been this high? I remember maybe a year or so recommending these blades to my brother and I believe even then they where around the same price. Now I will still buy them but sheesh I wonder whats going on. Anyone know where to get a good deal on these for a 100 pack? View attachment 1724596

Still cheaper than the Mach 10 or whatever they sell now.

No, these blades were under $10 on Amazon for ages. The OP is correct. I have also recently commented on it.

The price on Amazon has doubled and this is an ongoing thing. They are now more than twice the price that they used to sell for.

I used to refer to Voshkod's as sort of a "Value Menu" version of other smooth shaving blades, like the GSB's.

Unfortunately, at their current inflated prices, they are no longer any kind of value. Better to buy GSB's or other smooth shaving blades for less money.

Fortunately, I laid in a good supply.

and then I though you were stockpiling stuff ... my bad

Nothing wrong with stockpiling...

If you have cash money and you leave it in a pocket, come back three years later and find out what it is worth?

Hard to invest in Apple or Google stock with the pocket change that will buy one hundred DE razor blades.

If you buy a sleeve or card and they double in price in a year, that isn't a bad investment!

Nothing wrong with stockpiling...

If you have cash money and you leave it in a pocket, come back three years later and find out what it is worth?

Hard to invest in Apple or Google stock with the pocket change that will buy one hundred DE razor blades.

If you buy a sleeve or card and they double in price in a year, that isn't a bad investment!
I do not have anything about stockpiling, after all I have another 2 solid years of soap and have not bought any in the last year myself, I have enough blade to last me another year or two ... but frankly I kick myself in the but to not have bough any GSB last year when the sanction started to hit russia, as those blade gave me great shave consistently. I guess I will sell some apple stock and buy blades at high price ;-)

I have thousands of “pre invasion” Russian blades and I refuse to buy more. I will use them and love the shaves, but when they are gone, they are gone (well after I am long dead!).

Not to get political, but there are many great non-Russian blades available for reasonable prices.

Top Bottom