What's new

Vintage Style Ivory Handle

My oversized silver omega boar brush (10048) handle separated from the bristles, and I would like to replace it with an ivory handle boar brush that has a vintage look to it. Before I purchased, I thought I would solicit others’ recommendations. Thanks.

I like the looks my Stirling boar but it's not as big. Here it's next to an Omega 10049 that is just a little smaller than your 10048.
boar.jpg

I just want some thing that looks ivory, definitely want a fake. I also do not need something as large as the 10048, as long as the brush is not too small.

Careful if you try to delve into real ivory brush handles. You might find nothing else is satisfactory after that. I had one for a time that Rudy Vey made from an old billiard cue ball. Really loved that little brush. If you get a chance to experience it in person, you'll understand why it was the premium choice. Wonderful hand feel that nothing else I've experienced comes even close to it. Stag is interesting, and does feel good, but much too slick in my experience. Looking at the grain of the material is mesmerising.

The Connaught Premium Omega takes some time to break in, but you will be greatly rewarded. Known mostly for the initial “Jade”, but now has an ivory handle as well.

So I ordered the Omega but it’s more of a white plastic than ivory look. It seems like I am seeking more of a resin than plastic! Any suggestions!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think you might want to contact Rudy via PM or his email address and start a conversation. I've seen many of his faux ivory brush handles.... they are quite nice. He's made me a lovely burl handle and has reknotted 3 of my other brushes. He is good at identifying what his customer wants and does brilliant work.

So I ordered the Omega but it’s more of a white plastic than ivory look. It seems like I am seeking more of a resin than plastic! Any suggestions!
Take a look at Paladin brushes too. I think for the Contributor's brush this year there was an antique ivory resin option for the handles.

Paladin is vendor here too. Try contacting @ChiefBroom

Top Bottom