Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Schick Krona Comfort Edge (1)
Brush - Thater Two Band
Soap - MDC Original
After Shave - B&M Passiflora
After Shave Balm - Hada Labo Gokujun Premium
Fragrance - Stirling Island Man

IMG_1092.jpeg

Still 100% vintage razors in April, still barely fitting any shaving into the month. I have excuses! Just maybe not good ones.

IMG_6174.jpeg

>Challenge Cutlery 6/8 SR, Bridgeport, Conn.
>Ever-Ready '1924 Shovelhead'
>vintage high tallow Williams Mug puck
>vintage Ever-Ready boar brush

IMG_6178.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Kim @Phoenixkh, please let us know when you intend to shave with the Canadian Tech - we can make it into a chain of shaves. I’ll pull out my Canadian Tech and I am sure @never-stop-learning David may be able to chip in as well if his schedule permits. And of course others too! I don’t have Canada Soap unfortunately, so I will have to stick with Mike’s.

Cheers and post your pictures!!

Guido
Shoot.... I'm just now reading this entire thread... counting how many times any of the few Vintage razors are showing up. I used it for the first shave on April 4th, but have been occupied since then.... I was going to post this after I read the whole thread but the best plans of mice and men....

I only have a few Vintage razors.

Let's see if I can remember them all.

1. Canada Pre-War Tech
2. Flat Bottom Tech (on the way.. shows up tomorrow or Wednesday)... I know, I know... I had a perfect one and sold it...
3. Gillette Super Speed Y2, 1953, second quarter. My birth year and month razor graciously given to me quite some time ago by @luvmysuper .
4 and 5. The two Schick Injectors I inherited from my mother: G4 blue handle and G8, semi ribbed white handle.
6. A GEM Junior... @spacemonkey42 was kind enough to send me this one.
7. I am bidding on one on eBay but I doubt I'll get it... You never know, though.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just counted... I think one of the razors I have.. or will soon have, were used 17 times here in April... Mostly the Canada Tech and the Flat Bottom Tech...

I've been involved in a project of late..... finding the perfect razor head weight for my Timeless 0.68OC...... I should finalize the best combination of titanium and stainless steel cap and base plates later this week.

I should get a shave in with the Flat Bottom Tech and another Canada Pre-war Tech before the month is up... Even though I didn't join up this year.

I should get a shave in with the Flat Bottom Tech and another Canada Pre-war Tech before the month is up... Even though I didn't join up this year.
Hi Kim, I know there were other things on your mind as well. I just wanted to reach out and ask what you thought of the C-Tech and then we’ll join you (rather than you joining us) for similar shaves. Purely for fun reasons.

Can’t go wrong with a Flat Bottom either. I hallucinate some will make the trip to BRG/Chris.

You finish your Timeless trials and then we’ll catch up if and where to do the shave notes comparing.

Cheers my friend,

Guido

I have another question but I will check your journal first.

Merkur Progress • GSB
Ariana & Evans Indo-Ink • PAA Starcraft
IMG_20240415_122013106.jpg

A vintage Progress today, this one dates back to at least the mid-60s I believe, with the zero dial and dots between the numbers.

I have a couple of later ones of these and they all shave wonderfully, although they each need setting individually. I set this one to 3 for the first pass, then back to 2 - but this is meaningless for any other Progress 😂

I absolutely love these. I own a handful of other razors that give me a shave as good as this, but none that offer anything better!

Tuesday the 16th of Vintage April….
IMG_6985.jpeg
The vintage made in USA 1956 red tip.
Perma Sharp , SV Opuntia , Omega 40033 mighty mini boar.
Last time out I used a Nacet blade in this razor and was slightly disappointed with it. Much better with the Perma Sharp IMO.
2 passes and some extra neck work got me a DFS++. Don’t use TTO’s an awful lot but this is a good one that will be enrolled in an extended run soon. Great feeling handle and all round shaving experience.
A top performing vintage this one.

Well, got a bit out of my comfort zone and bought a razor lot last night. Pics posted in my shaving Journal, link below. Trying out one of the razors today. 1960 F4 Toggle. Case and razor have a little wear but I probably wouldn't want to use it if it was pristine. Came with some blades and the instruction booklet is still in the case. Supporting characters are VDH soap and an Opal Boar.
1713275443636.png
1713275583809.png

1713275557599.png

Journey of the Smokedstanley - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/journey-of-the-smokedstanley.645794/

Date16.04.2024
366 daily shaves
107/366

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette NEW LCSilver Star (2)Abe’s Brush Works Big Boy G5C
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (89)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4.5/10 (Sharpish)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.25/10
(DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Nice and comfortable shave this morning. No frills no issues.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp Mk. II
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Long Rifle Brown Bess Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
20230918_095302.jpg