What's new

Vintage April, 2023

Last one- Whizamet in a Schick Krona that belonged to my father in law. Unbelievable smooth and surprisingly efficient combo. Without a doubt the razor and blade I will load in a year or two when my young son starts shaving off the peach fuzz. Three easy passes BBS, and although it took some decent pressure to get BBS close there was zero irritation from the Whizamet. Kronas are known for being mild and smooth, but the deficiency was shockingly good.

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
My last shave of Vintage April!
Brush: Parker Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Forest
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable, birth year (1962)
Blade: Persona Red - Germany (4)
ASL: Proraso After Shave Balm, Protective

A nice, but too fast shave (was late for a dinner engagement), so three weepers. A great way to close out the month.

shave.jpg

I took most of the month off using a sad philips norelco one blade!! Please no fires mobs and pitchforks and returned yesterday with my Rhodium plated E1 1.95 fatboy as my get back to shaving you bum!
I own the Norelco One blade and used it during an extended sickness. In five minutes or less of dry shaving one can get a presentable shave with very little irritation. I nicknamed it The Caregiver razor. Healthcare aides can quickly shave a 2-30 day growth on a pattent who has dementia, agitation and Parkinsons.

A number of long-time wet shavers switch to electrics due to age or disability; the problem is past a 3-day growth the electrics really struggle. The one blade is a great solution.

Norelco should really market their One Blade to young first-time shavers: easy to use and has attachments to edge or trim a beard.

Speaking of rhodium I bought a rhodium from Western Razors, the Boston start up. It's a budget plating on their only model, looks nice and only cost $81 delivered (after a 10% discount).

I own the Norelco One blade and used it during an extended sickness. In five minutes or less of dry shaving one can get a presentable shave with very little irritation. I nicknamed it The Caregiver razor. Healthcare aides can quickly shave a 2-30 day growth on a pattent who has dementia, agitation and Parkinsons.

A number of long-time wet shavers switch to electrics due to age or disability; the problem is past a 3-day growth the electrics really struggle. The one blade is a great solution.

Norelco should really market their One Blade to young first-time shavers: easy to use and has attachments to edge or trim a beard.

Speaking of rhodium I bought a rhodium from Western Razors, the Boston start up. It's a budget plating on their only model, looks nice and only cost $81 delivered (after a 10% discount).
I use my norelco when im in a rush have to leave the house quick and on my downstairs mixup 😳 does an acceptable shave but not close enough for me but i can definitely see it being used in hospitals and old folks homes. I do gotta say ive never ever got in grown from it or razor burn

View attachment 1638048
Razor: Schick K4 Lady Eversharp yellow injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Fig & Apricot
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nice photo. A question: will a vintage Lady Eversharp twin blade razor also accept single blade injector blades?

Top Bottom