With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Any guesses on what this lot cost me? :pipe:

20200205_192840.jpg

20200205_192847.jpg

20200205_192850.jpg

20200205_192854.jpg

20200205_192857.jpg

View attachment 1060049
The small jars are almost all full. Small ones are 4oz and big ones are 8oz. They are labeled and it looks as though this person cared about his cellar when he jarred his tobacco. Most all of it is dated late 2017 and early 2018 for cellar date. The tins are sealed. The pipes are smoked but barely, no real cake built up. I don't intend to do more than a light reaming where necessary and some extensive cleaning on the stems. Overall a really nice haul.

brandaves

Very nice. Guessing $100
$150 ... but I think the pipes alone cover that price. It is a lot of tobacco which seems to be well taken care of, or rather jarred well and properly forgotten for 3 years :) Either way I'm very pleased.

brandaves

WOW! Very nice find! What state/city was this listed? I would never be so lucky...
Near Louisville Kentucky. I happened upon it the day it was posted. Messaged the guy and he said someone had already shown interest. I asked that he keep me in mind if the deal fell through. Seller said he didn't have much confidence in the first prospective buyer. He texted me a few days later saying it was mine if I wanted it. A very lucky catch on my part.

brandaves

It's a Savinelli Poker. Haven't smoked it yet but Savinelli's are known to bed good smokers at a good price so I'm hoping for the best.

Top Bottom