What's new

Vendor: Cautious!

Someone on this forum recommended an online vendor to me. I placed one order which consisted of four items. My shipment arrived with only two items. The good thing was the vendor did not charge me for the two items that were not shipped. I then placed a second order and when I received it, my order was incorrect. I ordered 1 1805 cream, 1 1805 aftershave balm, and 1 1805 cologne. Rather than receiving the cologne, I received 2 1805 balms. The problem is the balm cost less than the cologne and, so, not only did I not receive what I ordered but he also charged me for the cologne. I need him to return the difference to my credit card.

I have sent the vendor three e-mails to no avail. Not one response. I also called and no one answered, just a voice-mail. At this point I'm thinking I just got ripped off by the vendor and he's not going to respond. What do you guys recommend?

Please be cautious when ordering from onthefly.com. Jesse is the person I originally spoke to when my first order was incorrectly sent. He has not responded to my three e-mails.

UPDATE: Jesse, with onthefly.com, finally responded to my e-mail this afternoon. He apologized for the problem and inconvenience, and said he would ship the 1805 cologne this afternoon. He also offered to sell me the extra balm they sent at 50% off, and he is willing to give me 20% off my next purchase. I really appreciate his apology and willingness to help with the discounts. Anyway, I just want to let everyone here know that he has made an effort to make things right.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have personally used them multiple times and have had excellent experiences. I'm sorry that you did not have that same situation. Hopefully they will make things right for you.

I'm only going on what information's been given so far, so this may not be useful or accurate later on. How long since the e-mails were sent and the message was left? Sometimes people take their weekend at strange times or are out for other circumstances. I've had it happen that people I do business with were planning a funeral and having the service and didn't let most of their contacts know. We spent the better part of three days trying to get a response too.

As usual, I have no affiliation with the site in question. I'm just some random guy who is not a lawyer, understands that your mileage may vary, and is generally without other side-effects.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

As usual, I have no affiliation with the site in question. I'm just some random guy who is not a lawyer, understands that your mileage may vary, and is generally without other side-effects.

... apart from your habit of inserting small animals into pieces of fruit. :bored:

What with "everyone's human" and "stuff happens", problems can occur with even the most reputable of vendors. I've never used this vendor, so can't join in the chorus on either side with any weight, but the questions about how long it's been since your e-mails is a good one, as (often with shaving e-tailers) this may be a much smaller operation than many suspect, and one guy having to leave town suddenly for a week can really mess up order processing and customer service.

... apart from your habit of inserting small animals into pieces of fruit. :bored:

Domestically speaking, I consider cats to be on the medium size of the animal kingdom. Second, it's not a piece of fruit, it's a protective helmet that happens to be comprised solely of a piece of fruit. :rolleyes:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Domestically speaking, I consider cats to be on the medium size of the animal kingdom. Second, it's not a piece of fruit, it's a protective helmet that happens to be comprised solely of a piece of fruit. :rolleyes:

I stand corrected.

Oddly enough, I'm standing in exactly the same spot I was when I made my previous post ... :tongue_sm

OTOH, how much effort does it take to provide an "away" message, or to post an expected turnaround time for inquiries?

After all, they ARE in business, no?

OTOH, how much effort does it take to provide an "away" message, or to post an expected turnaround time for inquiries?

After all, they ARE in business, no?

True! At least he got back to me, though. I was starting to think he was ignoring my e-mails.

Top Bottom