What's new

Vape Newbie Check-in and General Chat

Hi! Okay there was a lot in the thread I didn't understand. lol. I want to stop smoking. I need advice on which variety would give the best shot. So, I smoke Marlboro silver 100's. I tried the gum and the amount of nicotine was way too high. and the whole thing rather underwhelming (cut down to a 1/4 of a piece of the weakest gum) didn't help. So, everyone what do you recommend?

Do you have a good vape shop near you? How much are you looking to spend? And do you have an idea of what you are looking for?

Vape shop, no. Live no where. e-cigs in tobacco shop but the staff doesn't. Hoping for less than a carton so, less than US$65.00. weak smile of no idea where to start. Thinking quiting would be best but having no luck with that.

Vape shop, no. Live no where. e-cigs in tobacco shop but the staff doesn't. Hoping for less than a carton so, less than US$65.00. weak smile of no idea where to start. Thinking quiting would be best but having no luck with that.
You can go for a cheap ego style setup, but I'd recommend you go with an iStick 30w with a Aspire Nautilus Mini. Reason for the 30w over the 20w is that the 510 connector is better. That will set you back about 65-70USD from a quick search of prices in the States. Then you just need some juice, i.e. e-liquid, to get going. Loads of choices out there, Mt. Baker, Suicide Bunny, and so on. Juice will have a variety of price ranges, going from about $3 for 10ml up to something like $10 for 10ml.

Might be getting a custom mod built in the near future. My vaporflask squonker was terrible and I have some mechanical engineer friends.
I have a Siglelei 150w mod lined up for purchase cheap second hand, plan is to get my mate to rip out the board, build a custom enclosure out of aluminium, dual 18650 with squonking.
Then take the empty Sigelei shell, clean it up, and convert it into a single 18650 mech squonker.

At least that is the plan at the minute

Vape noob checking in here! I've only been at it for about 2 months but I really enjoy it. I used to smoke but I prefer vaping now.
I currently use an eleaf istick mini which was great to start but I think I'm at the point I want to upgrade. Any suggestions would be great!what I have now only uses an EVOD style tank. It's good for pocketing and using at work but it has little flavor and vapor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of any good vape shops in the local Kansas City area?
Sadly no, but have a bump

Vape noob checking in here! I've only been at it for about 2 months but I really enjoy it. I used to smoke but I prefer vaping now.
I currently use an eleaf istick mini which was great to start but I think I'm at the point I want to upgrade. Any suggestions would be great!what I have now only uses an EVOD style tank. It's good for pocketing and using at work but it has little flavor and vapor.
If you are not after clouds I would stick a Mini Nautilus on the istick mini

I have heard that... I would like a larger box mod as well. The mini is only 10w max and is a variable voltage device. I'm considering an RDTA but I'm not too sure how to build. Is it difficult?

I have heard that... I would like a larger box mod as well. The mini is only 10w max and is a variable voltage device. I'm considering an RDTA but I'm not too sure how to build. Is it difficult?
What are you after, I work in the industry so fingers crossed I can help

To be honest I am not too sure. I guess good flavor and decent clouds. My friend has in IPV4 that hits awesome but when I use it I never go near the 100w range. I've been looking at the eleaf 60w tc and the 40 w tc mostly due to cost. I like the idea of having a tank too. Rhys why I was considering RDTA. Thanks for your help!

To be honest I am not too sure. I guess good flavor and decent clouds. My friend has in IPV4 that hits awesome but when I use it I never go near the 100w range. I've been looking at the eleaf 60w tc and the 40 w tc mostly due to cost. I like the idea of having a tank too. Rhys why I was considering RDTA. Thanks for your help!
Alright so you want clouds. What kind of budget are we playing with?

I'd like to stay under $60 but I also know that might not be possible.
If you would like to stay under then only upgrade I would get is a Mini Nautilus and some juice.
For future upgrades I'd probably go for a Coolfire IV with an iSub or Subtank Mini

Where is a good spot to find that Coolfire IV?
Got any vape shops near you? I am a bit out of touch with US shops as I am over the pond. However if you don't mind waiting you could look at Gearbest and Fasttech if they have any genuines. It will come from China, and if it says "styled" its not genuine.

Ok thanks! I saw that hexohm post you up. Is that a regulated box?
Sort of, it has a potentiometer inside and a chip that is rated to 20amps. Therefore it is limited to 110w and lowest ohm is 0.3 however you can build lower but it will reduce the life of the chip. So you need to know a bit about building and all that to get full use of it.

Top Bottom