What's new

Updated Shavemac Website. I hadn’t expected that.

After Shavemac closed down the configurator that many loved, the website lay dormant for a while.
Besides the excellent quality, it was the configurator that set Shavemac apart from the rest.
The Shavemac site has now reopened, but the result is different from what I had expected.

I had expected a streamlined menu of popular choices.
What I had nor expected was that Shavemac no longer sells to individual customers and redirects potential customers to resellers.

Many, if not most, of the resellers have only a meagre selection, often with items marked “out of stock”.

I suspect that because of the limited choice many shoppers will now end up with a different brush brand.

Bummer…

B.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Rudy,
Are you still able to buy a full range of knots from Shavemac.
Yes, and I normally stock the two-band silvertips in both fan and bulb shape from 20-28 mm. Additionally, I always have a few standard three band silvertip on hand. In the D01 range I normally have a couple of Two-band 24 mm fans on hand as this has shown to be the most requested. Other sizes can be made for me to order.

It sounds like Bernd is going into semi-retirement. That's very disappointing.

That was my thought when I saw the updated website that went live after the “Configurator Crunch” from March-April.

I’d bet he’s keeping his life simple, keeping his workload narrow and across a few vendors. I also noticed that some of the retailers (Maggard and TRC) are also charging close to $200 for each brush.

I’m glad I bought 7 brushes when the configurator was still live. Going to park most of them in my stash unused for the future.

Good to know Rudy has some in stock, but you have to wonder what the future prognosis is for the long term availability of the knots.

Rudy- Any indication of the availability of shavemac knots longer term?

Rudy Vey

That was my thought when I saw the updated website that went live after the “Configurator Crunch” from March-April.

I’d bet he’s keeping his life simple, keeping his workload narrow and across a few vendors. I also noticed that some of the retailers (Maggard and TRC) are also charging close to $200 for each brush.

I’m glad I bought 7 brushes when the configurator was still live. Going to park most of them in my stash unused for the future.

Good to know Rudy has some in stock, but you have to wonder what the future prognosis is for the long term availability of the knots.

Rudy- Any indication of the availability of shavemac knots longer term?
See my comment just a post above yours. At the present, I do not foresee any changes in the availability of their knots to me.

Rudy Vey

I am just curious, why do you eliminate the possibility of another surprise?
Unless, of course, you go directly to the source. But even then...
always a possibility....but I hope not. Years ago I have decided to use mainly Shavemac knots as the Chinese were not reliable to supply consistent quality. Maybe I screwed myself with this decision....

always a possibility....but I hope not. Years ago I have decided to use mainly Shavemac knots as the Chinese were not reliable to supply consistent quality. Maybe I screwed myself with this decision....
I feel like you can always pick up Chinese knots later if need be, but I will always choose a good D01

Of course, there's always the "opportunity" to learn a new skill (tying knots) ;-)

... Thom

Top Bottom