What's new

Updated prices on Gold Dollars?

I was thinking about putting in an order for ~10 gold dollars for some fun during the holidays. I'd like to make a nice 7-day set, and have some fun trying some spine carving and etching.

However looking at the same seller from which I bought gold dollar months ago, it seems the prices have gone up x10 (really, they were $4 before, now $46)!
I just checked on buyincoins and the ones I found were selling at around $5. Are these the new prices or did I simply not search well enough?

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I must have bought them all out. I ordered either 40 or 60 from BuyInCoins last time, a couple of months ago, at $3.06 each.

Be sure to save all emails from them when you order. Usually they will throw in a discount code. Always order at least 10. You don't get much of a volume discount over 10 pieces, but up to 10, you get a significant savings.

I really want to order some of these! Which is ridiculous because I don't know how to hone, or even how to shave with one yet. Simply too cool though.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I really want to order some of these! Which is ridiculous because I don't know how to hone, or even how to shave with one yet. Simply too cool though.

It will take 2-3 weeks for shipping. In that length of time, you can learn to shave and learn to hone, and read all the Gold Dollar modification threads, and get a Dremel and a bunch of sandpaper and scale material and pinning supplies. A month from now you could be turning out a work of shaving art. You could end up with a $100+ razor that only cost you three bucks and change, and still have 9 more to look forward to. I say buy. Never too early to buy a bouquet of GD66's. What are you waiting for? You feel the call-- GIVE IN TO IT!!!

from what I've read (re: ebay anyway), when stock is running low on BIN's, instead of pulling the ad and relisting later, a seller might jack the price to something ridiculous until more stock comes in, then lower the price again later without paying the relisting fee. I'm not an ebay seller, so I don't know all the ins-and-outs. I'm more than willing to delete this post if I'm wrong, as I'm only going on hearsay and very possibly just spreading ugly rumors.

I've heard much the same thing about bulk sellers on eBay. Time shall tell.
I've convinced myself into doing an order of these in the new year. It would be awesome to have a few of these to learn how to hone and a few to work over and process.

The increase in price still seems reasonable to me though. Overall what are your thoughts on their cost-effectiveness?

I've just put an order on the link I posted from aliexpress. They're on sale today for 3.40/piece (in packs of 4).

Top Bottom