What's new

Up and running

$20141030_235632.jpgthis is my ej89 barley, semogue boar hair and proraso sensitive. Love it! What is going on the the splaying out of the brush though? I've also noticed that the proraso seems to leave a white film on my razor and cup. I've been using astra and feather blades so far and have yet to try my derby or wilkinson swords. I love the astras and don't care for the feathers. It seems to me at least for my face that the astras are sharper. Anyway I'll write back with more later. It's late...off to bed.. Thanks everyone.

Welcome to B&B, thanks for the report, sounds like you're off to a great start with some great gear, enjoy the journey!
My boar brushes splay out just like yours, part of the "breaking in" process.
If you look close, you'll see that the tips are splitting, as well, those tips will get softer as it breaks in more!

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Nice setup, and don't worry about the soap film. It's normal and will wash off.

Welcome to B&B!

Looks like you are off to a good start. My Semogue 830 boar brush looks similar. I call him 'Chucky' after the character on the Rugrats cartoon. :001_smile

While learning technique, you might pick one blade type (the Astras are reported to be quite good) and use that same type for awhile. Once you get comfortable with the daily routine, then switch up different blades to see how they affect your shave quality.

Welcome to B&B, thanks for the report, sounds like you're off to a great start with some great gear, enjoy the journey!
My boar brushes splay out just like yours, part of the "breaking in" process.
If you look close, you'll see that the tips are splitting, as well, those tips will get softer as it breaks in more!
+1 and welcome!

My 1305 has turned into a lather mop which I'm slightly disappointed in. I've got a B&B boar that has opened up a little which is just fine.

Top Bottom