What's new

Undies

5 years ago I bought some Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked Boxers and briefs. I generally work in 100+ degree weather and these wick moisture away perfectly, and yes they have lasted this long. I am not wearing tattered holy underwear. The elastic is finally wearing out so it is time for new. Problem is the price has almost doubled, so I thought I would see what was out there. I am looking for quality boxers that wick moisture away, that are reasonably priced. I don't think I can ever go back to plain cotton.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to this one. I buy the 6pk or 10pk of hanes/fruit of the loom boxers and they just don't last. If I wore them 5 years they'd be a thong.

Here's the deal guys: I work and live in the Mojave desert. I have recently had a reappraisal and re wardrobe of my entire undo stock. Absolutely the best skivvies for the conditions you describe are Adidas Sport Performance. They come in 3 leg lengths: Trunk, Boxer Brief and 9" midway. They are all close-fitting, but the crotch is tailored such that it doesn't constrict or stifle your junk. THE BEST UNDERWEAR IVE EVER WORN IN HEAT OR OTHERWISE. I collect underwear like some of you guys collect DE's, so I know what I'm talking about. I have Calvin Klein, Champion, Body Glove, Uniqlo, Penguin, and Adidas owns them all! Kohl's sells them at a buy one get one half off pricing, so you can score 4 pair for around $36. Not cheap, but an excellent value. Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross sometimes have them priced singly or in doubles for $6-$7 a pair. Cotton is widely believed to be the go-to fabric for hot conditions, but the current state of technical fabrics has far surpassed it in terms of moisture and odor control, as well as personal comfort.

Here's the deal guys: I work and live in the Mojave desert. I have recently had a reappraisal and re wardrobe of my entire undo stock. Absolutely the best skivvies for the conditions you describe are Adidas Sport Performance. They come in 3 leg lengths: Trunk, Boxer Brief and 9" midway. They are all close-fitting, but the crotch is tailored such that it doesn't constrict or stifle your junk. THE BEST UNDERWEAR IVE EVER WORN IN HEAT OR OTHERWISE. I collect underwear like some of you guys collect DE's, so I know what I'm talking about. I have Calvin Klein, Champion, Body Glove, Uniqlo, Penguin, and Adidas owns them all! Kohl's sells them at a buy one get one half off pricing, so you can score 4 pair for around $36. Not cheap, but an excellent value. Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross sometimes have them priced singly or in doubles for $6-$7 a pair. Cotton is widely believed to be the go-to fabric for hot conditions, but the current state of technical fabrics has far surpassed it in terms of moisture and odor control, as well as personal comfort.

I have been wearing these for several years, I purchase them off of Amazon. They are more relaxed than compression shorts and much more comfortable than cotton. I occasionally wear them for working out, but still prefer compression shorts. I have had almost zero desire to try anything else until I saw the commercials for Duluth...then I saw the prices and I think I am good to go with the Adidas.

I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to this one. I buy the 6pk or 10pk of hanes/fruit of the loom boxers and they just don't last. If I wore them 5 years they'd be a thong.

I guess mine wear out in the opposite direction. I don't even want to think what I'd be left with after 5 years (probably just a stretched out elastic band - dammit, I thought about it!).

The whites :)

$96.jpg

I dig the way this new guy lights up The Hab.

Thank you, Mr. West. DE shaving is my second language, Haberdashery is my native tongue. I'm a 10 year Menswear veteran and have immense amounts of knowledge in this area. I write this message from the sales floor of one of the Big 3 high end menswear retailers in the US. I am glad to answer any and all sartorial questions here on B&B.

5 years ago I bought some Duluth Trading Company Buck Naked Boxers and briefs. I generally work in 100+ degree weather and these wick moisture away perfectly, and yes they have lasted this long. I am not wearing tattered holy underwear. The elastic is finally wearing out so it is time for new. Problem is the price has almost doubled, so I thought I would see what was out there. I am looking for quality boxers that wick moisture away, that are reasonably priced. I don't think I can ever go back to plain cotton.
Agree with this. I've worn them for a couple of years and they are awesome. I'm not easily impressed with clothing as I have been in the industry for 20 years. But I love the quality of these.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Thank you, Mr. West. DE shaving is my second language, Haberdashery is my native tongue. I'm a 10 year Menswear veteran and have immense amounts of knowledge in this area. I write this message from the sales floor of one of the Big 3 high end menswear retailers in the US. I am glad to answer any and all sartorial questions here on B&B.
Great to have you here!

Duluth has some pretty good sales if you register your email address on their website. The underwear are often on sale.

Top Bottom