What's new

Ugly cars, I mean really ugly cars

A guy has just pulled into my road in this, a Fiat 500L $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440594791.575297.jpg

Every country produces some horribly designed cars, but Detroit has produced so many truly ugly cars that it takes the cake in my book.

To go along with the winner of ugliest car every time, the Aztec, I give you these which make me want to cry:

$94p94road.gif$vista_01.main.jpg$1990_Ford_Crown_Victoria.jpg

Especially the Crown Vic, I know it was an ok car for it's time, but the designer must have had no soul at all. Either that or a two year old child was given a crayon and told to draw a car.

Year in and year out the Nissan Juke remains the crossover the brings meaning to the term "butt ugly".

Attachments

• $Juke.jpg
    $Juke.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 195
Or the Messerschmitt

Very cool one seater. I'd love to own one. AND a 3 wheel Morgan.... I'd be smile'n as big as Jay :yesnod:

proxy.php

I tried to talk my dad into getting one of these. I found one in a salvage yard that was all there and ran for $50 back in the late 1960's. I think it was that car that convinced my dad I was completely bonkers

BMW

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Gotta love those Isettas :wink2:

These cars are symbols of the rebuild of Europe after two devastating wars. Until into the 1950s, most people could not afford more than a moped or a small motorbike, in terms of motorised transport.

Edit: yes, I do know that not all of Europe was so well off ... this also was the era of the great divide between east and west.

Last edited:
The only AMC car of merit I can think of was in the Jeep Division.

NONSENSE. The AMC Eagle (basically a hornet station wagon rebadged and given all wheel drive) was the precursor for today's crossover vehicles, and with the 258 straight six, it was pretty much bullet-proof.
The Pacer, though ugly as sin, had some interesting design innovations, among them a larger passenger door to allow ease of access to the back seat. One could make the case for it being the inspiration for the modern mini-van.

And you are also forgetting the Javelin.

NONSENSE. The AMC Eagle (basically a hornet station wagon rebadged and given all wheel drive) was the precursor for today's crossover vehicles, and with the 258 straight six, it was pretty much bullet-proof.
The Pacer, though ugly as sin, had some interesting design innovations, among them a larger passenger door to allow ease of access to the back seat. One could make the case for it being the inspiration for the modern mini-van.

And you are also forgetting the Javelin.

Best gas cap of any car I have owned.

Top Bottom