What's new

twig razor by leaf 🌿

hey people so I used the twig for the first time today shaving my head with a gillette nacets and wow, just wow!

What an amazing effortless shave, kinda reminds me of the Schick injector I've got, as in where the angle is very easy to find and it's mild yet efficient, I love it! 👍💯🔥

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a small but nice collection of DE razors. I've been mostly using the slants, and reverting to the Red Tip when I want something a bit milder, but I got a Twig and it is by far my favorite shave. I would never give up vintage razors for a new gimmick, but this razor shaves great, and IMOP it's the first unique design in razors in decades. I haven't tried the Leaf as I don't have any interest in multi-blade designs or pivoting heads, but this one is great. It combines the strengths of most of my favorite razors. Shaves close pretty effortlessly and doesn't clog when shaving longer growth. It's more precise than any DE I've ever used but more gentle than the SEs I've tried. The blades are economical, and loading is super easy. My only minor gripe is that the loading mechanism twists the opposite of every other razor I've ever used which is counter-intuitive.

I have a small but nice collection of DE razors. I've been mostly using the slants, and reverting to the Red Tip when I want something a bit milder, but I got a Twig and it is by far my favorite shave. I would never give up vintage razors for a new gimmick, but this razor shaves great, and IMOP it's the first unique design in razors in decades. I haven't tried the Leaf as I don't have any interest in multi-blade designs or pivoting heads, but this one is great. It combines the strengths of most of my favorite razors. Shaves close pretty effortlessly and doesn't clog when shaving longer growth. It's more precise than any DE I've ever used but more gentle than the SEs I've tried. The blades are economical, and loading is super easy. My only minor gripe is that the loading mechanism twists the opposite of every other razor I've ever used which is counter-intuitive.
Don't know if you tried a Schick injector razor but I swear the twig reminds me of that a lot for some reason, I don't know if it's because of the shaving angle or the effortless shave or just a combination of both? Not sure really lol

I have had a few injectors pass through my hands. I like the butterscotch bakelite ones a lot. They are pretty, and I really liked the folding ones with the injector blades in the handle, because it was just such a classy cool design, but I never really loved shaving with them, not that I tried it many times, and perhaps the NOS blades I tried may have not been the greatest. That tiny precise head is a really good thing though for beard edging. The next best thing to a straight, and easier to handle.

Reactions: saj
I have tried about 6 injectors and didn't really warm to any of them. I think the problem I had with the injectors is I really did not like the two blade choices. But I really like the Twig. Thus far I have not been using my best blades with the Twig and I still get a comfortable trouble-free shave. Most of my results have been DFS but that is fine by me.

eric

I have tried about 6 injectors and didn't really warm to any of them. I think the problem I had with the injectors is I really did not like the two blade choices. But I really like the Twig. Thus far I have not been using my best blades with the Twig and I still get a comfortable trouble-free shave. Most of my results have been DFS but that is fine by me.

eric
interesting you say that, so which blades you been using in it?

interesting you say that, so which blades you been using in it?
Mostly I have been using the Shark Super Stainless blades, but have also tried the Parker Premium saloon half blades and the Derby Extra blades. I plan on putting my favorite blades (Wizamet Super Iridium and Gillette 7 O'Clock) soon.

I have tried both the Personna and the Chinese Schick blades in the injectors and did not care for either of those brands.

eric

Reactions: saj
Mostly I have been using the Shark Super Stainless blades, but have also tried the Parker Premium saloon half blades and the Derby Extra blades. I plan on putting my favorite blades (Wizamet Super Iridium and Gillette 7 O'Clock) soon.

I have tried both the Personna and the Chinese Schick blades in the injectors and did not care for either of those brands.

eric
Not tried shark are they sharp as say nacets or wilkinson swords etc?

I just took my Twig for its first spin today, using the Leaf blades, and was very impressed. It's smooth and edges my beard perfectly. It is one of the best razors I've ever tried and I'll definitely be keeping it in the top 5 of my rotation along with my Dovo straights, Feather AC SS, Hawk v3, and Lupo 95.

Top Bottom