What's new

twig razor by leaf 🌿

I plan to write my impressions about the Twig razor soon. It came in the mail Friday and I used it the past two days. I am (or was) a DE guy but for now the Twig has zoomed into my #1 most appreciated razor.

I like it a lot, I think it's basically a modern take on the Injector with DE blades.

This is a mini review I posted in the Single Edge Shaving Comparison Thread...

BACKGROUND

I used to hate shaving. I am retired and using a Gillette Fusion 2 or 3 times a week was just something a guy had to do.

I got into this hobby about five months ago. Like most members on this forum, I have my own spiraling rabbit hole story. Last month I was in GRUME and spent the time resisting the urge to make yet another impulse shaving purchase. Instead, I spent more time enjoying the hardware and software I already have. The only SE razor I had on hand was the RR Hawk V2. I used it 5 or 6 times but to be honest, I wasn't infatuated with the way it shaved. The razor head is longer than DE razors and shaving was not that comfortable. I reviewed and read about other SE options and finally decided to purchase the Twig.

THE TWIG

I ordered the frosted chrome Twig on Tuesday this past week and it arrived Friday. The packaging was adequate. The Twig uses "half" of a DE blade. I folded and snapped a Nacet blade in half (WHILE IT WAS STILL IN THE PAPER WRAPPER) and it was easy to do. The razor opens quickly by turning the bottom of the handle. The cap rises and turns to the side. It is somewhat similar to a TTO DE razor. There is a magnet and guide plates to make loading the blade a no brainer. The cap swivels down to hold the blade firmly. Rigidity of the exposed blade edge seems to be excellent. In my hand the razor was definitely bottom heavy. Holding the razor initially felt awkward...until I started shaving. The head is smaller than a DE or the Hawk. Because of the smaller head, the razor is nimble and easy to maneuver. The design, finish and contours is like a Lexus compared to a Honda.

It only took two or three strokes to find a good shaving angle. Holding the bottom and middle of the handle makes the head seem like a featherweight, which is a good thing for the Twig. Advocates of "no pressure" shaving will instantly like this razor. I really believe the positive comments I am making about this product was by design. My kudos to Leaf! The Twig seems like a "safety" razor. It is mild and efficient at the same time. I don't want to be a one razor shaver but today I had to actually resist the urge to use the Twig again. I think it is that good.

In europe they are 60 euro might get one for that money
honestly mate its an amazing se razor, if you like se razors youll love it, its so easy to find the angle and blades will last a long time due to it being a se razor, only thing i'd say is that you do need to give it a rinse after a few stokres but thats true of a lot of razors these days tbf

I’ve used my Twig for a week with the Leaf blades. Very nice. I have planned on using my DEs, but the Twig is calling me back after only one DE shave.

Reactions: saj
honestly mate its an amazing se razor, if you like se razors youll love it, its so easy to find the angle and blades will last a long time due to it being a se razor, only thing i'd say is that you do need to give it a rinse after a few stokres but thats true of a lot of razors these days tbf
Well I have some more 😂

Attachments

• 712DEF7C-2F71-462C-86EB-8D329EB3BEB1.jpeg
    712DEF7C-2F71-462C-86EB-8D329EB3BEB1.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 162
Most likely broman best and I dislike the gem, though I am not impressed by both Yaqi Razors
im after a broman theyve been out of stock for ages, i wonder if theyve stopped production for good maybe? i dont know tbh

never tried the gem, tbh i dont like the look of the gem razors imo

im after a broman theyve been out of stock for ages, i wonder if theyve stopped production for good maybe? i dont know tbh

never tried the gem, tbh i dont like the look of the gem razors imo
If you like modern razors there are modern gem razors too. The blade itself shaves very good after the first shave I modified them to use in one blades

I am afraid broman could be dead. I have found a broman for sale in an Australian shop so you might goggle it up.

Reactions: saj
If you like modern razors there are modern gem razors too. The blade itself shaves very good after the first shave I modified them to use in one blades

I am afraid broman could be dead. I have found a broman for sale in an Australian shop so you might goggle it up.

I too fear Broman might have ceased trading. A real shame - decent product. Glad I bought one last year. My next purchase will be a Twig razor I think!

I too fear Broman might have ceased trading. A real shame - decent product. Glad I bought one last year. My next purchase will be a Twig razor I think!
I am still happy with mine. I am pretty sure if he would have marketed it more gender neutral or one with a longer handle for legs it would have sold substantially more. And there were a lot of communication complaints. I think only we can hope he sold the design to someone else who will bring it back. I am still convinced it is a very nice cart alternative which is very forgiving for which blade you use.

and for now yup the twig is on my end of year list together with a zenith horsehair brush

any idea why?
No idea
The startup was a slow Pia via indiegogo. It took me two years before I actually got mine which i did no longer expect.
And since the start he has had a bad rap regarding customer communications. You simply rarely got an answer at all.
This could be how he is but also due to circumstances. We had to nurse my dad long time at home before he passed away end 2019. I am pretty sure that around that time I was seriously slacking on other things. Which did cost me several customers (sorrrrry customers).

But never forget Covid came also by which most likely disrupted his business fabrication and delivery wise and possible his private live even more.
Fortunate for me this was only business wise (therapists were either not allowed to work or people were scared of to go there due to Covid).

so for Broman I hope he got his issues worked out and return stronger or was able to find a successor..
Or got a boatload of cash to quit by a cart manufacturer

any idea why?

I haven’t seen anything official. I suspect Covid and Brexit may have combined to hijack the project! But the thing is the initial round offered to the public seemed to sell out almost instantly. As did the restock (which is when I was lucky enough to snag one). So I am keeping my fingers crossed they make a comeback. I would definitely buy another as a back-up if I could.

this YouTuber I've been following for a long time, tried out the twig with a few de blades, never used them myself but he didn't seem impressed with the merkur de blades, also didn't realise how pricey they are, he paid a tenner for a tuck lol 🤷

Tbh YMMV but imho the twig is a better head shaver then the leaf 🍀

this YouTuber I've been following for a long time, tried out the twig with a few de blades, never used them myself but he didn't seem impressed with the merkur de blades, also didn't realise how pricey they are, he paid a tenner for a tuck lol 🤷

Tbh YMMV but imho the twig is a better head shaver then the leaf 🍀

The Merkur blades aren't particularly liked by most here AFAIK. They are among the most pricey and they are just mediocre at best. I can use them, but they are in the middle of the pack for me, but the price just doesn't make them worth it. There are so many better options for a better price.

The Twig was my first new razor. I am a new wet shaver and it seemed like a good middle ground, particularly after seeing so many positive reviews. It's so odd compared to traditional razors that, even though I was new, it still seemed very different. It took me several shave to get the feel for it, not because it's difficult but because I am so new I barely know what I'm doing with a DE. Eventually I started getting really impressive shaves with it. The main pros for me are the same as what you've seen elsewhere. The head is tiny and set at a "friendly" angle so it's very easy to work around facial hair and around the nose, chin and neck areas. The build quality seems good. I don't regret buying it.

Top Bottom