What's new

Tried the HHT went to the Emergency Room

Today I did a stupid thing. I had just stropped my favorite razor making it ready for my morning shave. I pull a hair out of my wife's hair brush and proceeded to perform the HHT. Instead of cutting the hair, I cut the tip of my thumb and gashed my index finger. Wasn't watching what I was doing and I ended up at the Emergency Room. I didn't need stitches but I did get DPT shot. Just wondering, has this ever happen to anyone else?

Yup.

I've been reading for a little bit, had to register to reply to this. LOL.

I found that the HHT was harder the shorter the hair, so I would keep cutting it shorter to see how sharp the blade was, until one day I took off a piece of my thumb. Didn't go to the emerg, perhaps you did a bit more damage than I did, but I'll bet I felt as dumb.

I don't do it that way any more, haven't had any problems for a good six years.

Dave

Welcome to B&B Selmerdave!

Never did this but the first year with a straight, I had no hair on either forearm. :blush:

Welcome to B&B, selmerdave!

I've never cut my fingers. But like Jay, I've suffered through partially forearms. I remember wearing polo shirts and getting weird looks from people.

Yes, right now I have one bald forearm, two bald thighs and half a bald shin. I look ridiculous, but I think I'm getting the hang of this honing thing... :biggrin:

I've cut my finger with a DE blade. The cut was clean and it healed fast. But all cuts with the straight were in the face/ear (only minor cuts because I refuse to shave tipsy). :wink:

I must say that the human skin is no substitute for a wine cork. However I think I will add a spring loaded clothes pin to my shave den.

hahah.. I was afraid to admit it, but since you brought it up, I've done the same. After that, when I needed to try a blade, I shaved a small square patch offa my belly. Hair, hair everywhere and then a square bald spot. ugh.

Welcome to B&B Selmerdave!

Never did this but the first year with a straight, I had no hair on either forearm. :blush:

I did exactly the same thing, looking back, what the feck was i thinking!?!?

i took the top few layers of skin right off the tip of my thumb trying to cut the hair closer to where I was holding it. The stroke i took to cut it was quite deliberate and swift :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Yikes... not even shave ready. I guess there is a lesson learned in every action. Many of us have mishandled the str8 so no need to despair my friend. :smile:

Thanks for making a fellow feel better.

Top Bottom