What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

It would be nice to have a ranking of the Treet blades, from the least good to the best.
I don't know this blade, I've never tried one.

It would be nice to have a ranking of the Treet blades, from the least good to the best.
I don't know this blade, I've never tried one.
Treet DuraSharp CS Yellows >= 7 Days >= Treet Platinum > DuraSharp Classic > Treet Black Beauties

Evaluations are ongoing, rankings may change.

Last edited:
I now have a Treet Platinum in my 38c, and a Treet Falcon in my Rockwell with the R4 plate I've also used the Classic. IMO The Falcon and Classic are a close tie in sharpness and comfort, both are far sharper and still smoother than the Platinum. They both go a good 6 or so shaves and stay sharp. I can't really tell any difference between them.

They were sharper than any blade in my sampler, except for maybe the Feather. Comfort was also near the top but not quite a Voskhod.

They have a multitude of carbon steel blades, it would be nice to know exactly what the differences are.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Treet DuraSharp CS Yellows >= 7 Days >= Treet Platinum > DuraSharp Classic > Treet Black Beauties

Evaluations are ongoing, rankings may change.
I’ve found durasharp but in a blue tuck. Is that the same as yellow? Just packing or is there a difference? Thx

@Rhody Check out this post.

The Yellow's are carbon steel the bottom one with the fancy printing is stainless. I'm calling the one with the fancy print Durasharp Classic for no other reason than it says Classic Quality on the side. These two are not the same blade.

Don't have the Blue DuraSharp so can't comment on those. Are they stainless or carbon steel?

Last edited:
The blue Durasharps are carbon but they`re coated tho. I intentionaly left one blade in the glass of water and it rust after couple of days. One of my favourite blades.
Good to know. Do you know if they are same blade as the Yellow carbon steel?

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
@Rhody Check out this post.

The Yellow's are carbon steel the bottom one with the fancy printing is stainless. I'm calling the one with the fancy print Durasharp Classic for no other reason than it says Classic Quality on the side. These two are not the same blade.

Don't have the Blue DuraSharp so can't comment on those. Are they stainless or carbon steel?
Thanks I read that the blue labels are carbon but coated with Teflon to inhibit rust. @tysonic has confirmed. But it’s just unclear if the yellow package is the same just different packaging. I’m tempted to buy the blues because they are a great price.

I got the Treet Black Beauties 100 pack for around $8. They work just fine for a close & smooth shave in my Gillette Old Type. In all my other Techs, New LC & WC's, etc, they'e just ho hum.

I love some of their blades (Durasharp and especially the Black Beauties) and have yet a few to put to the test (Falcon, Classic, Silver). I tried their Platinums as well but was not impressed and found them just middle of the road.

Finishing up a 7 Days tonight. Up next, the Blues:

full

First use of treet dura sharp (blue) unbelievable. Very impressive. Knocked down one week growth with 2 passes not 3. Sharp and smooth. I see @tysonic state that the blue and yellow are the same blade different marketing.
I removed the carbon blade from the razor after the shave. Necessary or no?
I never saw them rust until now but I keep all my blades on a little magnet and not in the razor.

Top Bottom