What's new

treet 7 days Platinum

a local department store is running a clearance on a dozen or so of these treet 7 days platinm DE blades sleeves, i usually do not try differant blades, i've stuck to my usual Nacets (with the occasional Feather when i'm feeling adventurous) since i've started using DEs.
the price looks right at $4.20 per 100
are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-11-19-17-03-41.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-11-19-17-03-41.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 20
I have been shaving daily and have been changing my blade weekly.

This is the next to the last week of this year. I have only SEVEN more blades left after the Parker I picked at random for this week.

Maybe I will choose the 7-Days for the final week? Otherwise wise, it will be next year sometime.

I do favor Treet blades in general. The King is a favorite of mine. The black carbon was, a bad blade for me.

I guess the question is:

Is the Treet 7-Days a blade that is intended to be good for seven days of shaving? Or that it is a good blade to pull out and use any of the 7-days in a week?

Is it really a quality blade with longevity or is Treet just intending to cash in one the popularity of the Gillette 7-O'clock branding?

Last edited:
Is it really a quality blade with longevity or is Treet just intending to cash in one the popularity of the Gillette 7-O'clock branding?
No idea really, but I read somewhere on the web (here perhaps?) that the 7 Days Platinum and the Platinum are Treet's top tier stainless steel offerings. However, in the end, it is still a 10 cent razor blade, so probably falls somewhere in the budget range in the overall DE razor market.

I have not tried the 7 day version myself, but I do like Treet Platinum. I find it smooth-cutting and the price is right. I do not doubt I would probably like Treet 7 Days Platinum too.

The tucks of Treets say 7 days of even shaves. This is clearly their marketing approach. I’d say it’s fairly accurate because reviews I’ve read said 5-7 good shaves. This matches my experience as well. I also read numerous times that most blades are designed to last six shaves. By saying theirs are for seven days is a marketing strategy to say theirs is better, whether there is any engineering behind this, who knows.

Is the Treet 7-Days a blade that is intended to be good for seven days of shaving? Or that it is a good blade to pull out and use any of the 7-days in a week?

Yes.

Seriously though, I went 5 shaves with one and switched out due to boredom.
That's how it is with me, so many blades, so little time. I feel like it could've gone another shave or two but can't remember if I was sporting a goatee/stashe at the time... makes a big difference with regards to my blade longevity. Good blades for the price regardless.

That's how it is with me, so many blades, so little time. I feel like it could've gone another shave or two but can't remember if I was sporting a goatee/stashe at the time... makes a big difference with regards to my blade longevity. Good blades for the price regardless.

I do have a stashe and a goatee, so I do mention that as its possible effects on a week's shaving longevity.

Will go ahead and use the 7-Days for this upcoming final week of 2023.

a local department store is running a clearance on a dozen or so of these treet 7 days platinm DE blades sleeves, i usually do not try differant blades, i've stuck to my usual Nacets (with the occasional Feather when i'm feeling adventurous) since i've started using DEs.
the price looks right at $4.20 per 100
are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

I have lots of Treet blades I enjoy. The 7 Days is really good for me.

...the price looks right at $4.20 per 100

...are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

At that price, they are a great deal. I wouldn't guarantee seven days worth of shaves for everybody, but a better than average life on these blades.

Why does everybody assume they are ripping off a Gillette brand? Did anyone notice there are 7 days in a week? And lasting a full 7 days suggests a blade that might be worth a little more money. Maybe 7 Days has some symbolic meaning for Pakistanis?

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
As I've reported on my journal thread, I bought ummmm too many Treet 7Days. I tried one in my Athena, a razor that doesn't seem to be concerned which blade I use.... and had a much less than stellar shave.

I though it could just be an anomaly so I tried one again on one side of my face... my other Athena was loaded with a Perma-Sharp and I used it on the other side of my face.. new blades, both.

The bottomline for me... I have several blades that work so well for me, I'm passing my 7Days on to someone who loves them.

As I've reported on my journal thread, I bought ummmm too many Treet 7Days. I tried one in my Athena, a razor that doesn't seem to be concerned which blade I use.... and had a much less than stellar shave.

I though it could just be an anomaly so I tried one again on one side of my face... my other Athena was loaded with a Perma-Sharp and I used it on the other side of my face.. new blades, both.

The bottomline for me... I have several blades that work so well for me, I'm passing my 7Days on to someone who loves them.
The first shave with the 7 Day is a bit rough, but then it really settles down. If you’re a one and done guy, which I think you are, go ahead and PIF them. If you want blades for multiple shaves, it’s worth a longer trial.

Top Bottom