What's new

Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

How these two compare to the Treet carbon steel?
Specially selected since you liked the Treet. I prefer Treet Falcon, but it is a sharper modern designed carbon blade. My recommendations for you are based on the Mild Blade thread and personal experience. Those blades will last 4-6 shaves.

Specially selected since you liked the Treet. I prefer Treet Falcon, but it is a sharper modern designed carbon blade. My recommendations for you are based on the Mild Blade thread and personal experience. Those blades will last 4-6 shaves.
The falcon, the bolzano and the rubie are pricier than the black beauties

This week I shaved with a Rapira platinum lux and an Astra superior platinum. They both went through the stubble with ease, but I ended up with quite a few nicks to say the least, especially with the Astra.
So today I went back to the Treet carbon... It felt slightly tuggier (probably because it wasn't after a shower) but I ended up with a BBS shave and no nick ...
IMG_20210710_093534779.jpg

Black Beauties perform as smooth as GSB's, in my Gillette Old Type. In everything else, they give a rough & irritating shave.
The Treet New Edge excel in my Slims and Superspeeds. The rest of my Treet Selection is just ho-hum so far, but I may be able to eventually pair it with the right Vintage Gillette.

I just had probably one of my two best shaves so far with a Treet carbon (2) mounted on a Parker semi-slant. I took time to prepare. I had a shower and exfoliated beforehand then rubbed some cube 2.0 on my whiskers. I ended the ceremony with an alum block and soothed the skin with some French skin bracer. Although I got one nick on my neck, under the jawline, I got a BBS shave in 3 passes and most importantly the skin wasn't red or irritated (thing that I can't get with all the other blades I've tried). It felt great and effortless.

I keep thinking that there might be better blades out there but I keep coming back because they keep giving me complete satisfaction...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I tried a black beauty for the first time today. It felt different at first. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Then I though it was tugging and possibly not super sharp. I stuck with it and started to notice it felt rather smooth. All on all a pretty great blade. I used a harve oc c plate. Very smooth shave but I think I forgot to do a third pass on my upper lip in all the hubbub. Now I disassembled the razor and took the blade out.is it recommended to remove the blade in between use to avoid rust?

Last edited:
Reactions: saj
I tried a black beauty for the first time today. It felt different at first. I couldn’t put my finger on it. Then I though it was tugging and possibly not super sharp. I stuck with it and started to notice it felt rather smooth. All on all a pretty great blade. I used a harve oc c plate. Very smooth shave but I think I forgot to do a third pass on my upper lip in all the hubbub. Now I disassembled the razor and took the blade out.is it recommended to remove the blade in between use to avoid rust?
From what I read they rust easily and are more designed for one use only and for salons you see mate

I didn't like it, low end of average for me tbh

I am using a Treet Platinum now from a sampler pack I ordered. So far, it has been a very good blade. I am on shave 3 and will see how long these blades will last for me. I am intrugued with the Black Beauties but I have not tried them yet.

I have so many blades and assorted razors in my rotation, I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to trying all my blades out.
I feel bad because I have all these Different Treet blades, and have only ever used the black beauties (which I like).
Maybe we need a Treet day, week, or month in order to explore this much ignored brand.

I don’t know if there are others, but here is a photo of what Treet blades I have on hand, but have yet to explore.
EB9E7381-DB76-40DA-8E6F-6219BF9D7E6C.jpeg

I have so many blades and assorted razors in my rotation, I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to trying all my blades out.
I feel bad because I have all these Different Treet blades, and have only ever used the black beauties (which I like).
Maybe we need a Treet day, week, or month in order to explore this much ignored brand.

I don’t know if there are others, but here is a photo of what Treet blades I have on hand, but have yet to explore.
View attachment 1320813
yea i got a most of them too, but honestly didnt rate the black beauty at all

Yup, Im a fan of Treets. Platinums are good and durable, Classics are sharper, very sharp imo but the longevity is worse. Not a big deal cause they are cheap. But Dura Sharp, damm they are awesome - sharp and unbelievably smooth but you need to take them out of a razor cause they tend to rust otherwise. I take the blade out, rinse it and then blow on them and voilla.

View attachment 1320813
Does anybody use the New Treet (4th row in the middle)?

I have only tried one Platinum but I liked it. More smooth than sharp. I ordered 100 Black Beauties because I’m curious and they weren’t expensive. If I hate them I’ll PIF. It seems like most people are at least curious to try them so they won’t go to waste.

Top Bottom