What's new

Traveling Ink Box (US) Part II

The box is packed up and ready to ship out to @DukeNDuke Just waiting on a shipping label. And fo ranone who is waiting, just to give you a general idea, the box is roughly 12 x 12 x 9 and weights in at right around 7lbs.

It was a joy going through the box! Many fabulous inks in there! Some of the inks were very low so I resorted to just dipping my nib into them and writing on my paper to see how they wrote. I don't have a bottle to swap out but I did include some of the "Thorntons Luxury Inks" colors short standard cartridges that I recently got.

Thank you to all who have donated to this pass around box. I got to see some new inks and now that taxes are coming in, I can order some different inks!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
The box is packed up and ready to ship out to @DukeNDuke Just waiting on a shipping label. And fo ranone who is waiting, just to give you a general idea, the box is roughly 12 x 12 x 9 and weights in at right around 7lbs.

It was a joy going through the box! Many fabulous inks in there! Some of the inks were very low so I resorted to just dipping my nib into them and writing on my paper to see how they wrote. I don't have a bottle to swap out but I did include some of the "Thorntons Luxury Inks" colors short standard cartridges that I recently got.

Thank you to all who have donated to this pass around box. I got to see some new inks and now that taxes are coming in, I can order some different inks!

Any inks in particular that stood out to you?

Any inks in particular that stood out to you?
Yes, there were a few that caught my eye! Here is a partial list. I do have some color sample pages of the colors in a notebook I tried but I can't locate it right now.

Noodlers Baystate Concord Grape
Chelpark Violet
Diamine Apple Glory
Private Reserve Dakota Red

I do have a couple of bottles of ink due in though. J.herbin Ocean Blue and Iroshizuku Yama-Budo

Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Nice! I really like Apple Glory. Such a nice color of green with some dynamic shading qualities to it.

From what I understand, Chelpark no longer manufactures ink. There might be a few NOS bottles still floating around somewhere for sale though. Parker Quink is a close substitute, but it doesn't come in violet.

Nice picks with the incoming bottles! I love J. Herbin inks and Ocean Blue should be a fun one. Yama-Budo is a great one as well. Every ink that I have tried from the Iroshizuku line has been excellent. Both of the inks that you're waiting on really look great with wider-tipped or flex nibs. :thumbup:

Alright, I'm ready to move the box along. Here's the list of the remaining recipients..

Go West Young Man - CA
MonoTiki -- GA
FightingIllini22 -- IL
Jut --IL
kxthor -- LA

@GoWestYoungMan you're next. PM me so we can make the shipping arrangements.
PS - Here's what's coming...

IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Alright, I'm ready to move the box along. Here's the list of the remaining recipients..

Go West Young Man - CA
MonoTiki -- GA
FightingIllini22 -- IL
Jut --IL
kxthor -- LA

@GoWestYoungMan you're next. PM me so we can make the shipping arrangements.
PS - Here's what's coming...

View attachment 786473 View attachment 786474

FightingIllini22 or Jut is next. Please, re-read the rules. The box goes to the closest person on the list to keep shipping price and time down.

Well, I reached out to @fightingillini22 a few days ago, and he has let me know that he is travelling abroad currently, and would like me to pass him over on the list for now. So, who would like the box next. Geographically I think @kxthor or @MonoTiki would be closest to me, but I have no problem sending it on to @Go West Young Man either... just let me know gents!

Top Bottom