What's new

Tortoise shell handle. Are there any out there?

So, I have an obsession with tortoise shell. If I can get something in tortoise shell then that is the color (material) I'm getting! Straight razor scales, combs, sunglasses, guitar/bass pickguards, shaving brush stands...the list goes on...
I would love a tortoise shell handle for one (or more!) of my DE razors as well. I've got an EJ and a Gillette Tech that would look awesome with a little tort accent!
Does such a thing exist? Anybody here got one? And, most importantly, where can I get one!?

-John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't seen one, of course I wasn't looking either. Although there was a period where anything tortoise was very popular so you might get lucky on the bay at some point.

mmmm, turtle!
IMG_6468_zpsb339f7ea.jpg

Yup, got a straight in my collection (courtesy of my Great Grandfather) in tort...
proxy.php

Elite doesn't stock one (might be able to request one) I'm constantly scouring the bay. Haven't checked etsy...that's a good idea!

Have you searched Etsy? There are several craftsmen on there making handles.
+1
Etsy has a bunch of woodturners making handles in acrylic. I am assuming there are acrylic tortoise blanks out there and so if you don't see one, you can ask the vendor if they can do a special order for you. I done that a bunch of times with my Hawaiian hardwood handles.

That R103 is a nice looking razor! Found a guy on Etsy that "takes requests " so I'm going to check him out first.

I really like those Muhle razors (they are agitating my Razor Acquisition Syndrome!) but my goal is to find a handle that I can use with either my Edwin Jagger or Gillette heads.

Top Bottom