What's new

Torrey Tuesday

My "good" Torrey 5/8
IMG_5913.jpeg

Torrey Tuesday! My first shave with the "OUR136" was indeed beautiful. Sharp like a harder steel but buttery smooth like a Joseph Rodgers, if not even better. Glad i picked her up!!View attachment 1773896
I have the square point version of that razor (see previous page). It is nice and nimble. Is the underside of the tang quite narrow on yours? Takes a little getting used to.

I have the square point version of that razor (see previous page). It is nice and nimble. Is the underside of the tang quite narrow on yours? Takes a little getting used to.
Yea, urs is nice, I do like a square point but I couldn't turn this one down. the underside of the tang is extremely thin like urs, I kept my hands dry to help but if mine didn't have the jimps on the top like some others i may have struggled. I did feel it was nimble as you say, it took an exceptional edge, maybe my best ever edge. I really am impressed. Sharp as my Japanese feon razor but so smooth, zero irritation. I was expecting some burn due to how keen it was during the shave, i usually just leave a coti edge on my Japanese razor to ensure no irritation post shave as it takes too keen an edge off the black ark, is too easy to hone lol. off a coticule its sharp enough lol. Off the black ark was dangerous. I think the thin tang may have forced me to have a light touch which helped also. Great razor though, wow! It warrants an essay. Beat my Friodur hands down

💈
SOTD
💈

J. R. Torrey & Gimbel Brothers Razor 5/8"
WORCESTER,MASS.
About 1880~1894,Quarter Hollow,
The blade design is tilted downward,Easy to control the angle of the razor on the face,
Taiwan Stone+Tomo Nagura .
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
Vintage Erskine Shaving Brush Handle, Oumo 25mm Badger Knot.
PRORASO white,Heating water type thermos bowl.
Warm and comfortable foam, enjoy the shaving process.
Shave smooth and comfortable today.
Gimbel Brothers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimbels
20240109-1.jpg

20240107-4.jpg

Top Bottom