What's new

Top 5 modern DE razors

Yes I am in Florida, did you order the full kit or just one head? There was a back order on the full kit which may be why yours is delayed.I ordered the razor and just one base plate. If they sent you a shipment notice use the RR number and track it with the US mail.

Yes I am in Florida, did you order the full kit or just one head? There was a back order on the full kit which may be why yours is delayed.I ordered the razor and just one base plate. If they sent you a shipment notice use the RR number and track it with the US mail.
I'm in Missouri and like you I ordered the razor with one plate and it was in stock they shipped it the next day which was the 26th and that was six weeks yesterday. It shows all kinds of stops in Russia for several days and then left Russia supposably on the 10th of December, but nothing shows up on the tracking on the USPS. When I message them they said they had never lost a razor, but to me that's way way too long.

Unfortunately it sounds like you may their first loss of a razor, I would ask them to send you another. Sorry to hear it!

Unfortunately it sounds like you may their first loss of a razor, I would ask them to send you another. Sorry to hear it!
Thanks for that. When you say the RR number you just mean the tracking number they gave me, which starts with clo

Some of my favorite modern razors in no particular order:

Parker Variant
Parker 68s
Merkur Futur
Fatip Piccolo
Timeless Bronze

I received mine today! I ordered it December 19th if that helps.
Mine is still in transit after a little over 2 months. I am in NJ, USA. I contacted the company as this seemed a little on the long side. He responded that once it passes customs in Russia, it is sent to Germany, Hamburg (takes about 7-10 days), from there it is sent by water (delivery time to the USA is 35 days +/- 5). Patience I guess

Mine is still in transit after a little over 2 months. I am in NJ, USA. I contacted the company as this seemed a little on the long side. He responded that once it passes customs in Russia, it is sent to Germany, Hamburg (takes about 7-10 days), from there it is sent by water (delivery time to the USA is 35 days +/- 5). Patience I guess
I just got the same email this morning. Maybe they need to do something about the shipping times.
Well I guess if I call a taxi and I get a horse and buggy, maybe I will still get there the next day.lol

I just got the same email this morning. Maybe they need to do something about the shipping times.
Well I guess if I call a taxi and I get a horse and buggy, maybe I will still get there the next day.lol
I also had to do a double take when I saw shipping by sea. Thought it was 1920 not 2020 for a minute. Definately some room for improvement there.

I also had to do a double take when I saw shipping by sea. Thought it was 1920 not 2020 for a minute. Definately some room for improvement there.
I think they have several shipping options. My last couple orders from Morocco take 9 days , plus 5 days at customs minimum. Months are long though. My last headlamp was from Russia, pretty quick shipping, a YLP panda 2 , don't recall the method of shipment though. My cyber Monday order from West coast shaving I think took 12 days . eBay's overseas shipping free shipping also is horrendous.

Lol, I agree with you is 2020 not 1920. Looks like they would ship them pallet of that stuff to West coast shaving or maggard's razors for the US market. And I don't recall seeing anywhere when I ordered start razor from homelikeshaving, about taking couple of months or more to receive the razor

1. CSB shaving (yankee no name?)
2. Baili 171/131 (not sure which I had)
3. Feather Popular
5.Rimei (unsure of model, purchased as a Kekaliu or something)

The only razors I have ever used so they are my "top 5" lol. I skipped 4 because no matter what I try next I am sure it will be better than the Rimei. Looks like I have some catching up to do. HAHA

I’ve never used 5 different DE razors so i have no real user input. BUT, from what i’ve heard around the forums this year these are the five i’ve seen get the most praise:

1. Gamechanger .84
2.Karve Christopher Bradley
3.Rockwell 6S
4.Blackland Dart
5. Wolfman WR2

Honorable mention from the youtube shavers goes to the Homelike START as many of them seemed to like it. I actually have it and enjoy it but don’t have much to compare it to.

Moderns:
Colonial Silversmith
Blackland Vector
Seki AS-D2
H&S No75
Karve E-OC

Vintage:
GE Jones Shake Sharp
LaResche 77
Gibbs #17 Adjustable
Cooper Monobilt
Gillette New Standard