What's new

Top 3 best shaving adjustable razors you've ever shaved with?

I have never been fortunate enough to try a Gibbs but from what I’ve read the Rex is a modern copy of it. I find the shave very smooth and efficient at level 5
Is 5 the highest setting on the Rex? The Gibbs goes to a 6 but I haven't tried it yet as I've only used 5 and 4.. but yeah It would be interesting to know how the modern compares to the Vintage. I'm sure in time we will know.
:thumbsup:

Merkur Vision. The best DE I've ever shaved with
Merkur Progress
Merkur Futur
Gillette Fat boy
Gillette Slim
Never shaved with a Merkur Vision but I see a lot of people like it a lot. I heard it can be aggressive/very efficient on the higher settings and I do like an efficient razor for sure. Have to find a shaving brethren that has one and give it a try.

Is 5 the highest setting on the Rex? The Gibbs goes to a 6 but I haven't tried it yet as I've only used 5 and 4.. but yeah It would be interesting to know how the modern compares to the Vintage. I'm sure in time we will know.
:thumbsup:
Rex goes to 6 and I would also love for someone who has both to compare them. My search for a Gibbs is on

Rex goes to 6 and I would also love for someone who has both to compare them. My search for a Gibbs is on

Well if you can’t find one ( not easy) I have 4 of them and I can lend you one so you can do the shave comparison.

Last edited:
I will add to the superiority of the Merkur Vision 2000.

Outstanding, in spite of a few quirks of high maintenance, and don't store it empty with the doors closed tightly, or they may freeze up.

I will add to the superiority of the Merkur Vision 2000.

Outstanding, in spite of a few quirks of high maintenance, and don't store it empty with the doors closed tightly, or they may freeze up.
Thanks for the tip if I get one and knowing me one will be in my den eventually LOL

Thanks for the tip if I get one and knowing me one will be in my den eventually LOL
Just be real careful in acquiring one amigo. A good working one is extremely hard to find. And when you do find one, the seller wants an arm and a leg for one. I was lucky enough to find an NOS one from a collector in Europe who happened to purchase a few of them when Merkur decided to blow them out and discontinue production. I'd lend you mine, but I sent it out to a couple of gents on another forum who wanted to try it out. Once it gets back and if you're still interested I'll pm you, that is if you haven't gone out and acquired one by then:ihih:. As @santamariasteve stated, the Vision is a high maintenance razor but pays big dividends when taken care of properly.

Just be real careful in acquiring one amigo. A good working one is extremely hard to find. And when you do find one, the seller wants an arm and a leg for one. I was lucky enough to find an NOS one from a collector in Europe who happened to purchase a few of them when Merkur decided to blow them out and discontinue production. I'd lend you mine, but I sent it out to a couple of gents on another forum who wanted to try it out. Once it gets back and if you're still interested I'll pm you, that is if you haven't gone out and acquired one by then:ihih:. As @santamariasteve stated, the Vision is a high maintenance razor but pays big dividends when taken care of properly.

Gus I just saw one and WOW $369.00! No way I can think of a lot of razors I'd rather have than that. I'd like to try one sometime as I'm always curious as to how highly praised razors shave but not for that price but I'll keep my eyes open for a deal on one. An thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

Gus I just saw one and WOW $369.00! No way I can think of a lot of razors I'd rather have than that. I'd like to try one sometime as I'm always curious as to how highly praised razors shave but not for that price but I'll keep my eyes open for a deal on one. An thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:
That's ridiculous! I paid less than half of that for mine. New. Just keep looking my friend. They pop up from time to time.

Current rotation...

1. Gillette (J3) Gold Aristocrat Adjustable
2. Mingshi 2000S Adjustable

Previous rotation (sold)
3. Severodonetsk-1 Adjustable

Top Bottom