What's new

Top 3 best shaving adjustable razors you've ever shaved with?

Just curious. So what's your top 3 adjustable razors? The ones that have given you not only the best shaves but the best total shaving experience? I've shaved with a bunch of adjustable razors both modern and vintage over the years and heres my top 3 so far.

1. Gibbs # 17 - Best shave and best experience so far.
2. Vintage D1 Toggle - A surprisingly great shaver. It beat out my Fatboy in a shave off.
3. Tie - E 2 Fatboy & Mergress long handled. Fatty's got the edge on shave experience.

Off this list but gotta give honorable mention to the Parker Variant, Rockwell 6 c/s and Gillette slim.

This list might change as I just got a new to me adjustable yesterday but haven't shaved with it yet.

I'm with you on the Gibbs 17 and the D1 Toggle.

My third place would be a 3-way tie between the the Schick Adjustable, the Pal Adjustable, and the Valet model B.

Fat Boy is fourth runner-up; short handled Super Adjustable is Miss Congeniality.

I'm with you on the Gibbs 17 and the D1 Toggle.

My third place would be a 3-way tie between the the Schick Adjustable, the Pal Adjustable, and the Valet model B.

Fat Boy is fourth runner-up; short handled Super Adjustable is Miss Congeniality.

To be honest the Gibbs # 17 is actually a very solid 1st place. It's smooth and very efficient and I've only had it on #5 setting so far.

Also thanks for the tip off. I've never shaved with an adjustable injector razor... now I've gotta put one of those on my bucket list as I really like my 2 injector razors but they don't qualify as they are not adjustable :thumbsup:

1)Rythmic Razor by the Davies company of Scotland.

upload_2017-11-5_20-50-37.jpeg

2 Fatboy
3 Mergress short handle, standard

Gillette Slim
Gillette Super Adjustable SH
Merkur Futur

In descending order. All are very closed in performance, though.

It's a tough choice, as I've never used an adjustable razor I didn't love! I also have an Apollo Mikron and a Super Adjustable LH and a Merkur Vision 2000.

Last edited:
1. Gillette Slim
2. Gillette Fatboy
3. Schick Type M

Those are the only 3 I've tried and that's my preferred order.

Fatboy
Slim
Super Adjustable.

Of course, I've only used those 3 adjustable razors......

I count the Rockwell 6(S or C) and other similar razors as a collection of non-adjustable razors.

I only have two: Mergress and Fatboy. Like them both, but the Fatboy better, but sometimes I like shaving with that heavy, heavy Mergress.

1. Gillette Slim
2. Fatboy
3.?

I have tried the Rockwell 6C, but agree with the post above that it is a collection of heads for a handle.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Surprisingly, the Merkur Futur has become my favorite adjustable so far.
Any Gillette adjustable but the Aristocrat Adjustable is the prettiest.
The Rockwell 2C is a distant third.

Gillette Slim
Gillette Super Adjustable SH
Merkur Futur

In descending order. All are very closed in performance, though.

It's a tough choice, as I've never used an adjustable razor I didn't love! I also have an Apollo Mikron and a Super Adjustable LH and a Merkur Vision 2000.
How do you like the Apollo Mikron?

1 Rex Ambassador
2 Gillette Slim
3 Christmas Fatboy
I see you put the Rex at the top of your list and I’ve got the Gibbs at the top of mine. It would be an interesting comparison shave off between the both of them as the Rex was inspired by the Gibbs.

Dragon,

The Apollo Mikron has good smooth performance. Solid hefty feel. Thick handle. High quality and formidable appearance. Nicely engineered. I like it a lot.
Reason I ask is I just got one Apollo Ben Hur yesterday in the mail and I have a Mikron on its way here from Greece and I can’t wait to take them For a spin.

Top Bottom