What's new

Tony Miller's Old No. 2 Heirloom strop

After alot of searching for a new strop i decided to go for one of Tony Miller's strops.
Was alot of back and forth messaging with Tony, but he listened to everything and thought he had just what i was looking for.(which he indeed have. Will get into this more later)
We had some problem with the address, had too many characters to fill in the address form.
But Tony worked with me by going to the post office and fixed that. Really great guy I must say!
I probably made Tony sweat more than once though.

The strop, Old No.2 heirloom with linen, has arrived! Straight out of the box i feel something different, it has some nice weight to it compared to my other strops. The weight alone will probably keep this strop flat when hanging on the wall.

Tony had picked out some extra smooth leather for me. And it is indeed the smoothes leather ive felt. Still, it gives very nice feedback when stropping, as other members here have said, almost like butter. Leather is very sturdy, not easy to scratch, but is still soft and even.
People have also said, it even smells good. It almost have a natural acorn smell to it, to me.

I have never used linen before, so i cant compare it to other linen strops.
But i am hooked already, has a nice feel to it and the sound feedback is almost as if its sharpening the razor.
Very different from cotton.

I have not really tried the really expensive strops like cordovan. But Tony's strop to me is a high end strop. It seems like every detail has been thought of. I love it! :)

The strop.

And my old one which i will only use kitchen knives on from now on lol

Attachments

• 20190212_121414.jpg
    20190212_121414.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 98
  • 20190212_121403.jpg
    20190212_121403.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101
  • 20190212_121340.jpg
    20190212_121340.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
I have two Tony Miller's currently, and one on the way. Bought his travel strop a couple months back for my long trips, then last month I purchased one of his rough out strops, and now have purchased his, what on his sight said, was his last bridle style strop to round out my collection. I also own a Portland Razor Co. bridle strop, but the quality is no where near what my Tony Miller strops are. I look forward to passing down one of my tony millers to my son one day and having it be a true family heirloom.

I have two Tony Miller's currently, and one on the way. Bought his travel strop a couple months back for my long trips, then last month I purchased one of his rough out strops, and now have purchased his, what on his sight said, was his last bridle style strop to round out my collection. I also own a Portland Razor Co. bridle strop, but the quality is no where near what my Tony Miller strops are. I look forward to passing down one of my tony millers to my son one day and having it be a true family heirloom.
That sounds like quite a collection!
Am abit jealous lol.
But for now i will do fine with the one i got.
The travel strop do sound very interesting though :001_302:

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
MO1 got the 2 1/2" Artisan in Premium Steerhide with the Genuine Flax Linen secondary component. The Plain Vanilla is the same type of leather but with a few cosmetic flaws and gets less detail work and finishing.

Looks very clean and smooth.
How do you like it? Details! Lol

The Tony Miller fast bridle is amazing. Very smooth and very little draw and a good contrast to the rough out strop. Comparing it to my Portland RazorCo Bridle, the Tony Miller wins hands down.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Glad you are liking the Fast Bridle strop. The newer Artisan Rough Outs are much more tame than that first Plain Vanilla run but just as effective. Nice combination you have, should handle just about anything.

Top Bottom