What's new

TOBS Jermyn Street shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin - BURNING!

Good day to everybody,
I would like to know if anyone has the same problem as I do.

My first cream was TOBS Jermyn Street. I loved the smell but my skin was always burning a little during the shave and I very often got iritation. I bought Eton College and the burning wasn´t there anymore. But the shave still weren´t somehow good enough. So I tried Tabac and Speic sops and I was sold. I tried palmolive, alpa, old spice (indian), nivea shaving creams since then and none of them gave me burning feel but none of them was slick enough. Only Eucris cream was sort of satisfactory.

So my questions are:
1) Has anybody experienced burning sensation during a shave with Jermyn St. cream?
2) Has anybody tried the Jermyn st. after such experience and enjoyed it without burning?
3) Are TOBS hard soaps slicker than TOBS creams?

Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:
And does anyone know the difference in slicknes between the soap and the cream?

I have used TOBS Jermyn Street and no problems at all. Love the fragrance and cushion. In fact, no TOBS creams have ever caused me to have any burning sensations. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. I'm surprised that TOBS is irritating your skin, as their products are parabens free.

Not all of them. Only Jermyn st. is irritating. I have also tried Eton and Mr. Taylors which were fine beside the lack of slickness which always resulted in a lot of tugging.

I know that TOBS includes more ingredients in Jermyn street (it's about $5 more than the others), which ironically are supposed to help with sensitive skin. Must be one of those additional ingredients. That's too bad, because I love the fragrance of Jermyn street.

I get the burning from jermyn street too. It's the only taylor cream ive tried but ive got some mr. taylor on order. hoping i don't react to that one

The first 2 times I used Eaton College, I had burning. I don't have sensitive skin, and never had a problem with any other cream. I gutted it out for those 2 shaves, because I love the scent. I have had no issues since.

Top Bottom