What's new

Proraso White Sensitive (new version) Pelli Sensibili leads (for me) to too close of a shave and risk of razor burn

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about some serious razor burn. It was the very first time I used the new version of Proraso White "Sensitive" preshave cream. After getting the razor burn to heal, I tried the Proraso preshave and shave cream I'd used before again. I was much more careful this time. What I noticed was that the shave was super close, dangerously close, no razor burn but skin redness, which is not what I was hoping for from the Proraso. I wanted protection from nicks, irritation etc.

The lather can imapact comfort of the shave and make one take more swipes of the razor than necessary but it cannot be the deciding factor in how close you shave. In this case, its most likely the pretty terrible formulation of Proraso soaps and creams. Like there is no way around it, it does not have as good a formulation as they imply. Especially for the sensitive version which ironically is filled with chemicals, preservatives and a horrific artificial synthetic fragrance.

There are 2 factors for iritation
1 chemical compaunds in creams soaps and balms, sensitive versions have fewer or different ingredients, but they may not be compatible with your face, maybe not sensitive will woork better, or different brand...
2 is razor and blade, razor angle, sharpness of blade, shaving technique, it depends. Some blades are not good for me, I had iritation from some blades even when I used same cream that works well for me.

There are 2 factors for iritation
1 chemical compaunds in creams soaps and balms, sensitive versions have fewer or different ingredients, but they may not be compatible with your face, maybe not sensitive will woork better, or different brand...
2 is razor and blade, razor angle, sharpness of blade, shaving technique, it depends. Some blades are not good for me, I had iritation from some blades even when I used same cream that works well for me.
Thanks. I never really thought about the blade causing irritation but I have sworn off certain brands that did. I'll be more aware of it now.

Top Bottom