What's new

Tobacquisitions February 2017

Well i have been pretty excited since reading that thread the first part of this year. I do not have any equipment nor tools set out for this yet but we'll see what I can do :blushing:
My first pipe I did I used a coping saw, a half bastard half round rasp, an exacto knife, some needle files, sand paper , two shades of stain and finished it with chapstick to keep the alcohol stain from bleeding out. I have pictures of it in yesterday's herf thread. You can do a lot with very little if you have time!

My first pipe I did I used a coping saw, a half bastard half round rasp, an exacto knife, some needle files, sand paper , two shades of stain and finished it with chapstick to keep the alcohol stain from bleeding out. I have pictures of it in yesterday's herf thread. You can do a lot with very little if you have time!
That is how I am looking at this - take my time this is about fun, not looking for a new career :laugh:, hopefully will get a nice looking pipe that smokes well - or at least a pipe that smokes well!

IMAG1592.jpg

Oh and 8 oz of aged (10years) Dark Star....although we (store owner) might think it is the McCelland Dark Navy Flake, because it was a bulk order so long ago. Either way it is fantastic!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 760091
Oh and 8 oz of aged (10years) Dark Star....although we (store owner) might think it is the McCelland Dark Navy Flake, because it was a bulk order so long ago. Either way it is fantastic!

If it came in bulk, then it's probably Dark Navy Flake. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that Dark Star has only been available in tins. You should order an ounce of some fresh Dark Navy Flake the next time you put in an order to compare with the aged stuff. Sweet score!

Yeah, I am going to get both. And that was one of the reasons we thought it was not dark star, just had McCelland on it and his memory was dark star, but we kinda think it is DNF.

Got 7 samples from Peretti today:
Cuban Mix
No Name
B-94
Scottish Flake
London Flake
No 8 Sliced

Need to get a new cob to sacrifice before hitting the No Name. Might go for a stroll and give the No 8 Sliced a go.

Editted to add: the box of baggies is sitting on my desk. I haven't opened any of them. I can smell the No Name from across the room. Wish me luck!

If you smoke it and aren't taken aback by how sweet it is...it's not Dark Star.

Not sure I can compare it to anything else, so until I get some Dark Star I wont know. Hopefully if things work out on IPSD I will have an order that I will add some (DS) to it.

IMG_3364.JPG

New Haul! My Big Ben Patriot 16, First Tin of Escudo, and a Zippo Pipe Lighter. I really enjoyed the Escudo. Any advice on packing it? Do y'all rub it out? Fold?

Top Bottom