What's new

TJ Maxx find

Pick these up at Marshall's while on vacation in SoCal.
20200113_135842.jpg

Went to Marshall's today in MA. Picked up Dr. Bronner's organic shave soap($4.99), Proraso Green($4.99), and a bowl to use for lathering($2.99). The Dr. Bronner's is interesting, with some Japanese labeling.

They also had a Ben Sherman DE razor for $4.99, a Muhle razor that looked exactly like a de89 for around $25. They had a decent selection of men's bar soaps, beard care, etc. There was an art of shaving set with an oil, razor handle for cartridges, cream, etc that was around $56.

IMG_20200115_155425.jpg

IMG_20200115_155449.jpg

Let us know what you think of he Dr. Bronners. I tried it right before I switched to DE shaving and was not happy with it. I never tried it with a brush.

Went to TJ maxx found a tube of proraso red for 2 bucks then went to marshalls. And found a tub or proraso red for 2 dollars and a muhle razor for 3 dollars.

Went to a local Dollar Tree in MA today. Bought an Assured TTO razor that claims to have a stainless steel handle with 5 blades. Was shocked to see an Art of Shaving product on the shelf! It contains tiny trial sizes of pre-shave oil, shaving cream, and aftershave balm all in one box. I picked one up to try.

They also had knock-off colognes. They had a large bottle of a Polo green clone that smelled pretty close to the original. They also had clones of Hugo, Tommy, and some others. Fun place to browse around.

Also, is this the right place to post this or should I start a new thread?

IMG_20200117_165623.jpg

IMG_20200117_165530.jpg

IMG_20200117_165552.jpg

Went to a local Dollar Tree in MA today. Bought an Assured TTO razor that claims to have a stainless steel handle with 5 blades. Was shocked to see an Art of Shaving product on the shelf! It contains tiny trial sizes of pre-shave oil, shaving cream, and aftershave balm all in one box. I picked one up to try.

They also had knock-off colognes. They had a large bottle of a Polo green clone that smelled pretty close to the original. They also had clones of Hugo, Tommy, and some others. Fun place to browse around.

View attachment 1053573
View attachment 1053574
View attachment 1053576
Check Sinatralennon on YT today....

I keep striking out. I have been to multiple Marshall's and TJ Maxx's and keep coming up goose eggs. There is a lot of stuff on clearance but nothing shave related unless you count Cremo or Beard Wax .. :001_tongu

View attachment 1053573
View attachment 1053574
View attachment 1053576

I was walking around in the Dollar Store with my wife a while back and tried the Luxury 27. Just a spray and even though I had a cold, to me it initially had that chemical clone type of smell. After leaving there, I forgot about it and we ate lunch next door. After a few minutes, my wife told me she loved the new cologne I was wearing, I smelled my arm again and even with my cold, I could tell it was really close to Polo. I was really surprised and went back to get it. It lasts a good 4 hours or more also. Give it a chance past that initial first several minutes and it will surprise you. Their EAD Black is pretty good also.

This caused me to open up a little to clones like Beverly Hills Polo Club Blaze (Spice Bomb clone) and Champion (Black Orchid by Tom Ford). I always paid over a hundred dollars for my scents but have noticed they really don’t last like they used to. If they don’t want people going to clones, they really need to have scents last more than 2 hours, not blast the room but hey, I’m paying over a hundred bucks.

I was walking around in the Dollar Store with my wife a while back and tried the Luxury 27. Just a spray and even though I had a cold, to me it initially had that chemical clone type of smell. After leaving there, I forgot about it and we ate lunch next door. After a few minutes, my wife told me she loved the new cologne I was wearing, I smelled my arm again and even with my cold, I could tell it was really close to Polo. I was really surprised and went back to get it. It lasts a good 4 hours or more also. Give it a chance past that initial first several minutes and it will surprise you. Their EAD Black is pretty good also.

This caused me to open up a little to clones like Beverly Hills Polo Club Blaze (Spice Bomb clone) and Champion (Black Orchid by Tom Ford). I always paid over a hundred dollars for my scents but have noticed they really don’t last like they used to. If they don’t want people going to clones, they really need to have scents last more than 2 hours, not blast the room but hey, I’m paying over a hundred bucks.

I think that was the same one I tried. I will buy it next time I go there. I liked the smell but wasn't sure how long it would last.

Also thought it was weird that it was a green liquid in a clear glass bottle lol.

I keep striking out. I have been to multiple Marshall's and TJ Maxx's and keep coming up goose eggs. There is a lot of stuff on clearance but nothing shave related unless you count Cremo or Beard Wax .. :001_tongu

Keep on the lookout at Marshalls for AOS Sandalwood and Cypress Intense 1oz for $12. Great scent and really lasts. I’ve seen a few and have picked up some lately. Surprised because years ago, those scents did not last long on my skin.

I do count Cremo Cream. But not beard oil or wax. Beard wax? Why? Why would you want beard wax? You aren't Hannibal, crossing the Appenines in Spain with elephants. You are a civilized man living in the 21st Century.

I think that was the same one I tried. I will buy it next time I go there. I liked the smell but wasn't sure how long it would last.

Also thought it was weird that it was a green liquid in a clear glass bottle lol.

Just give it several minutes. Funny, I had that same thought about the green liquid also.

Went to Marshall's today in MA. Picked up Dr. Bronner's organic shave soap($4.99), Proraso Green($4.99), and a bowl to use for lathering($2.99). The Dr. Bronner's is interesting, with some Japanese labeling.

They also had a Ben Sherman DE razor for $4.99, a Muhle razor that looked exactly like a de89 for around $25. They had a decent selection of men's bar soaps, beard care, etc. There was an art of shaving set with an oil, razor handle for cartridges, cream, etc that was around $56.

View attachment 1053064
View attachment 1053065
That Dr.Bronners looks suspicious but let me know how it goes as I saw it on sale at Vitamin shop for $6.25.

Also found this for $15 😁 AOS vetiver 100ml cologne!

Attachments

• 20200116_155210.jpg
    20200116_155210.jpg
    961.1 KB · Views: 16

Don’t forget to check the women’s section. I’ve found shave soap tucked away in the women’s face lotion area before.

My TJ Maxx has a lot of men’s hair products and beard oils and waxes and I find the Prorasos almost hidden beneath those items and there’s only ever a few. Sometimes there’s simply nothing at all though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t forget to check the women’s section. I’ve found shave soap tucked away in the women’s face lotion area before.

My TJ Maxx has a lot of men’s hair products and beard oils and waxes and I find the Prorasos almost hidden beneath those items and there’s only ever a few. Sometimes there’s simply nothing at all though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im thinking on getting beard wax or balm just to keep it healthy.

Top Bottom